Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1986 944 NA part-out -- Ottawa Ontario CANADA

Hokay, let's get started!

For the moment, I'd like to concentrate on body/interior and other "non-essential" parts, as I'm going to amass a collection of spare "mechanical" parts for my '85.5. (essentially the complete drivetrain...)

There may be bits off the drivetrain that rarely break, and could be sold, but I'll have to do that on a case-by-case basis.

NOTE: Throughout the tear-down, I have paid particular attention to keep all the wiring harnesses intact and undamaged. Currently the engine compartment harness (lights, and other systems) has been removed, as well as the DME harness.

Pre-break-up photos are here: Picasa Web Albums - 11180978007544885... - Red 944

The car was complete and running, so I'll slowly add to the list, but please feel free to send a request. (PM or post here...)

FYI, I'm not expecting any US buyers to be interested in larger items, as the domestic market will be far cheaper for them, but here in Canada we're screwed as anything that needs to go FedEx/UPS "oversize" across the border is stupidly expensive. (for example; even a fender is just a bit too large to send "normally", and shipping for a fender US-Canada is in the $125 range!)

Within Canada, even fairly large stuff will be quite cheap to send (cost increases with distance, regional being really cheap). Super-big stuff will have to go via Greyhound.

Some prices (the car is whole, this is just a start!):

- Red leather sport seats (driver's side will need recovering, pass. has one split seam!) $50 left, $100 right
- DME $150 (a bit risky to sell in my case, but I'm hoping that they don't blow up too often!)
- Airbox with fender hoses $25
- Front fenders $120 ea.
- Front lower valance (big, plastic) $150
- Front upper valance (metal, between headlights) $40
- Headlight bezels $15 ea.
- Headlight motor/relay $25
- Jack & handle $35
- Hatch release motor $25
- Space saver spare tire $40
- Spare hold-down bolt & plate $10
- Rear seat belts & hardware $50
- Cruise control servo $35
- Cruise control ECU $75
- Door handles (Porsche script version) $75 ea.
- Doors (pass has slight ding) $100; no mirror, handle, glass, liner, regulator (separately available, if wanted) Driver's door, both regulators sold
- Power mirrors $25 ea.
- Leather wrapped steering wheel $50
- Fuel pump $60

Shipping extra, and on the really big bits, there may need to be a small charge for boxes, tape & gas!

A (lot) more to come!

Thanks.

Last edited by 944_dude32; 10-07-2010 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: edits
Old 05-26-2010, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I wouldn't mind coming up and having a look at the driver's door, and some other parts. Are you around this weekend?
Old 05-26-2010, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

please keep me in mind if you change your mind about parting with the engine
Old 05-26-2010, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice rckt View Post
please keep me in mind if you change your mind about parting with the engine
Ya, sorry about that, but since I've got my 85.5 on the road again, it would be kinda pointless to sell, seeing how the shortblock really isn't worth that much.

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944_dude32 View Post
Ya, sorry about that, but since I've got my 85.5 on the road again, it would be kinda pointless to sell, seeing how the shortblock really isn't worth that much.

Thanks.
No worries... just my attempt to publicly call 'dibs' should you change your mind
Old 05-26-2010, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
wondering if the sport seats are steal for sale? If so how much to ship to zip code: 92029
Thanks
Old 05-26-2010, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944nut View Post
wondering if the sport seats are steal for sale? If so how much to ship to zip code: 92029
Thanks
Really freakin' expensive!

Same issue with large items cross-border, Canada to the US, I'm assuming that one seat (if you remove the rear portion for packing) would weigh 40 lbs, and be about 40"x24"x18" (at least!), and even that is $175 by UPS ground!

Ouch!

Keep in mind though that a small package like the DME would be less than $20.00 by mail. (insured & tracked)

Last edited by 944_dude32; 06-07-2010 at 05:11 AM..
Old 05-26-2010, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Trim Panel

How much for the thin trim panel above the glove box. The one withthe clock and lighter. Shipped to L6J6X2. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Is it a non sun roof 944?
thanks, J
Old 06-09-2010, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
thanks, J
Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjohn View Post
thanks, J
Nope, has a sunroof...
Old 06-10-2010, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

free bumperoo...received my part as promised!

Best,

Rick
Magnaflow 2 1/2" exhaust with K & N 4 inch custom intake
MaxHP chipped
Old 07-05-2010, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Hi,
I need right window motors.And I'm local
Let me know as soon as possible
Thanks
04 Silver A4 Avant- 13 A3 S-Line
87 Black 944S -Gone
Old 07-27-2010, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

944 Parts

Hi,
I am in the city and was interested in the axle shafts if you still have them?
Old 08-14-2010, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Progress...

The car is getting down to the bare chassis!

- The entire front is off (fenders, valence(s), bumper, etc.), and the parts are ready to go!

- The under-hood wiring harness for the lights & other systems (not the DME harness), has been carefully removed fully intact. (I'm making a concerted effort to remove -all- the wiring harnesses completely intact...)

- The entire rear suspension, transmission and fuel tank are removed.

If there are any oddments you need that are part of the interior, let me know!

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

How many KMS on the engine/transaxle?
Magnaflow 2 1/2" exhaust with K & N 4 inch custom intake
MaxHP chipped
Old 10-05-2010, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944_dude32 View Post
The car is getting down to the bare chassis!

- The entire front is off (fenders, valence(s), bumper, etc.), and the parts are ready to go!

- The under-hood wiring harness for the lights & other systems (not the DME harness), has been carefully removed fully intact. (I'm making a concerted effort to remove -all- the wiring harnesses completely intact...)

- The entire rear suspension, transmission and fuel tank are removed.

If there are any oddments you need that are part of the interior, let me know!

Thanks.
Do you still have the seats? I can pick up. WIll be in Ottawa weekend of the 22nd.

Cheers
Martin
Old 10-05-2010, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Looking for headlight motor

You have a headlight motor listed in your parts available list. I'm interested. Is it still available?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Are there still parts available from this car?
Old 01-20-2011, 09:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
curtisr

Garage
Are the rims 7J x 15 52.3mm? If so, how much for a pair? I don't need the tires but... :-)

Old 05-26-2013, 08:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: