Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Dirty little kitty

Garage
Send a message via AIM to PorscheKitty Send a message via Yahoo to PorscheKitty Send a message via Skype™ to PorscheKitty
NEEDED!: 944 engine

Hey Guys, Its been awhile since I've been on here. I had to sell my 944 last year, but I'm looking into getting another one. I live in So Cal and am currently taking a machining class and I need an engine to build. Looking for preferably a donor but I will buy any 944 motor, I don't care if its blown or not-so long as a piston didn't go through the block- because I'm gonna be rebuilding it from the ground up and doing all the machining and honing and stuff myself. It helps me to get ready for my next 944 and I get school credit for it so please if you or any one you know has a 944 engine thats gone or a totaled 944 that I can pull the motor out of and yes I can pull the engine out myself too and even give the rest of the car back if you want- that would be great. Thanks guys Just PM me or email me directly at justine.kitty@yahoo.com
Old 08-24-2010, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Rbutts

Garage
motors

I have two,Sacramento area. Rob 12092563911 cell 12092679372 Both are in the cars . You can buy the cars whole very cheap .They both run and I want them off my property.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I have basically all of an 87' 16v engine if you're interested. It would be a perfect candidate for a rebuild. I'm in Pasadena.
944S --> 944 turbo S - 2.5L Dry Sleeves, K26/8 Turbo, LR Height Adjustable Motor Mounts (-1/2 in.), LR 3 Piece Xmember, LR 3 Piece Xover Pipe, LR Oil Pan Baffle Kit, 930 Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, Custom RX-7 Oil Cooler, Apexi EBC, Tial 38mm Wastegate, Full 3" SFR Exhaust, etc...
Old 08-25-2010, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

i have a motor out of my old 83. the pick up tube broke so rebuilding it wouldn't be to bad. if you are interested i am willing to sell it cheap. you can reach me anytime on my cell @ 951.515.7174. thanks
Old 09-01-2010, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Architect / Car Guy

Send a message via AIM to carlege
they teaching how to re do an Alumisil bore? its not your typical iron block
Old 09-01-2010, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
porscha

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlege View Post
they teaching how to re do an Alumisil bore? its not your typical iron block
alumisil is stronger then the iron blocks ?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Architect / Car Guy

Send a message via AIM to carlege
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty89 View Post
alumisil is stronger then the iron blocks ?

no its not and thats not what im asking. there is a special way to rehone and coat these blocks.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Hey Kitty,

One of my San Diego Buddies bought your 944. Glad to see you getting back in the game. Comeau racing probably has plenty of engines ready to rebuild that are already pulled and good to go. (nothing is free but maybe good deal) I would recommend buying a Complete engine rebuild kit from Ebay, Paragon or Performance porsche. Some good Discounts in getting everything at once but it's going to be closer to 1K for all the Seals, Gaskets, belts, and bearing..
Much cheaper to get it all in the kit.
There some good write up here on how to hone the block... If needed. I've used lights touch with rotory wire brush to get some of the carbon of..
Good luck Kitty.. and hope you're back in a porsche soon.

Chicks with power tools are cool
1987 924S with 968 Drive front to back, Bilstein Insert on mod/stock Struts, 450# Hypercoils, 28mm Torsion Bars, Weltmeister Adjustable Sway Bars, Lindsey 968 Light flywheel, Spec Stage II Clutch, ToYO RA1's, Auto Power Cage & 6 pt Harness, KLA Strut Brace, Greasy hands, heavy foot, and lots of smiles
Old 09-02-2010, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Comeau Racing

The word you guys are looking for is SILICIUM. It's a compound in the cylinder walls and the rest of the upper crank case (the block). The cylinders need to be polished in a certain way to grind down the aluminum while leaving the silicium molecules on the surface. It's in the factory manuals. Alusil or Nikasil are names associated with 911 air cooled cylinders.

Justine, I have 11 engines in the shop. You are about 77 miles away. I'll sell you an early engine for $200.
Matt S. bought your 944. The failure mode of your 88 engine was loose hardware. Specifically, a 6mm bolt came loose from the top of the rear belt cover. It got picked up by the timing belt, went over the top of the cam gear, and jammed in between the cam gear and the gear housing on the way down. That stopped the cam shaft pretty quickly, but not before flaring the back of the cam gear's teeth. We rebuilt the head and installed it. Swapped out the cam housing complete. It's fine now.
Glad to see you're getting back in the game.
Comeau Racing Enterprises, Inc. www.comeauracing.com
We do only 924S, 944's, 968's all day, every day.

Last edited by Timmay!; 09-02-2010 at 10:22 PM..
Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
blown , engine , motor , parts