Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Addicted to Racing

Garage
Rotors and caliper adaptors for Big Reds

I have a pair of large rotors, hats, and caliper adaptors to fit big red brake calipers to the front of a 944 turbo s or s2 spindles.

I am looking for $400 plus shipping for these parts. Does not include the calipers. I will post a picture when I can get one up.

I also have a pair of caliper adaptors for mounting S2 calipers on a non turbo s spindle. They are made by wrightwood.

I am looking for $70 plus shipping on those.

Thanks

Ed
See my list of current cars in my garage.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm a little confused. The S2 calipers are the same as the (regular) Turbo calipers.

So what i think you meant is that the $70 adapter will mount Turbo S calipers on a non-M030 spindle. Is that correct?

1990 Porsche 944 S2 - LS1 / AOR / 968 M030 Sways / 300# frt 28mm rear
1993 Jeep Cherokee - 3" Lift, 30" tires
Old 10-27-2010, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Addicted to Racing

Garage
Yes, that is correct. I was going to add them to my 87 non s turbo, but I am selling the car instead since I have been driving my new (to me) 996 turbo.

Thanks

Ed
Old 10-27-2010, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
33racer

any pictures

and what about the rears?
Old 11-08-2010, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Rocket Surgeon

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Pettybird
I have stock 951 rear calipers and new StopTech pads for sale if you're interested.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I am confused as well. The first set of rotors and adapters = are they for a regular (ie 87) turbo?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Addicted to Racing

Garage
No, not a regular turbo. They are only for the Turbo S or the M030 spindles. They are to go from the big blacks to the big reds.

Thanks

Ed
Old 11-09-2010, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

i have a 1983 944 with V8 installed
would like to upgrade my brakes to big reds vs other. any advice or items for sale to accomplish this? thanks
Old 11-16-2010, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Are you consistently overheating the brakes now?

The stock brakes are more than capable of stopping the tires quickly, even with the extra weight and potential speed of a V8 powered 944.

Now, how much tire do you have on the road, how sticky are they and are you running into tire lock up or brake overheating issues?

Or are you just after the look of the big reds?

Options are:

Stock brakes with titanium backing plates, brake cooling ducts and more aggressive brake pads and braided stainless steel brake lines. All bolts up as stock, parts are relatively easy to find at a parts store, etc.

Volvo 2-piston front calipers from a 242 w/vented brakes and stock 944 rotors and uprights. Similar as above since Volvo's are so easy to find and it is only a change to the calipers and drilling the caliper to accommodate a single brake line.

Rennbay big brake upgrade kit (uses Wilwood calipers) and stock uprights. Good solution, Wilwood parts are pretty common in the performance world, doesn't change the geometry of your front suspension.

944 Turbo brakes (Black Brembos), requires different front uprights (you could lose the stock speedometer drive) rotors, front struts, master cylinder and rear calipers. Depending on the year you choose to source your parts from, could also change the offset of your front hubs and require a wheel change to compensate.

911 Turbo caliper upgrade (Big Reds), same as above only you need the 911 calipers.

Personally, unless I'm looking for the "look" with the Porsche cast calipers or I'm consistently overheating the brake fluid/pads I wouldn't bother with the turbo brakes unless you luck into a donor.
1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S (Silver Rose)
Old 11-16-2010, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Addicted to Racing

Garage
Bump

Thanks

Ed
Old 12-01-2010, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

PMed
Old 12-01-2010, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

More PMs
Old 12-02-2010, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: