Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: Garrett t3/t4 .60 trim, 2k mi

RETIRED TO Ebay... Perhaps some SRT4 owner will take it off my hands so I can pay me Master's program registration fees ; )

* At least I got a nice lesson in turbo defects and the incompatibility of 57 trim turbos with 951s, courtesy of Pauerman.

---------------------------------------
This actually a Garrett t3/t4 57 trim .60/.63 (Details below)

I bought this for $500 within a week of buying my 951. I'd hoped to upgrade the turbo but I was laid off two weeks later and am now scrambling to pay my tuition.

I'm selling this for $310 [reduced to 390 and now to 310] - Retail is roughly $650. Note: other than the bent blade (which is roughly a $20 fix), the turbo is in great condition. If you have any questions, PM me (you're welcome to call me up as well).

I absolutely must sell this, as I now owe $300 in unannounced registration fees for my graduate program. I'm highly motivated to negotiate, just PM me and we can work something out.

DETAILS: Garrett T3/T4 57 Trim Hybrid 4 Bolt Discharge

COMPRESSOR SPECS:

Flowrate: 50 lbs/min

.60 A/R housing

60 Trim whell

T04E housing 2-3/4" inlet 2" outlet

TURBINE SPECS:

.63 A/R housing

Stage 3 Wheel

- Supports up to 450hp

- Part Number: 466159-5003 (included in picture)

- Keith

Last edited by ninefiftyone86; 11-23-2010 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: added details
Old 11-16-2010, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Got Turbo?

I'm sorry to say but... from the limited view of the compressor wheel, you may want to have someone evaluate the condition of the turbo cause at least one of your blades is damaged.
358whp/352lbft @ 18.5 psi 91 pump
438whp/430lbft @ 22.5 psi E85

Last edited by PAUERMAN; 11-17-2010 at 07:08 AM..
Old 11-17-2010, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Ugh, that is not good... Thank you for telling me this.

I just bought this for 500 (from a friend...) and it looks like I'll be taking quite a loss on it.

If it's the case that only this one blade is damaged, what do you think a reasonable asking price would be?

My Grad school registration fees are due in a week; it's crucial that I see this asap but I want to do so honestly.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Okay, after a brief conversation with a friend he said to knockoff about $20. He said that with just one blade being slightly bent, the performance difference should be negligible (I'm wondering if that's correct).

The blade, he claims, is about $20. I've dropped the price to $390 + shipping (which looks to be a max of around $25).
Old 11-19-2010, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Do you know any details on it? What size hotside? Who made it? This a bolt-on affair?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I've added many details up top. Let me know if I can answer any other questions

EDIT: As far as bolting on, I think an adapter place is needed.

Last edited by ninefiftyone86; 11-19-2010 at 09:55 PM..
Old 11-19-2010, 09:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

BUMB - Reduced to $310
Old 11-23-2010, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Got Turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninefiftyone86 View Post
Okay, after a brief conversation with a friend he said to knockoff about $20. He said that with just one blade being slightly bent, the performance difference should be negligible (I'm wondering if that's correct).

The blade, he claims, is about $20. I've dropped the price to $390 + shipping (which looks to be a max of around $25).
From someone who deals with Garrett directly, I can assure you that a replacement / new compressor wheel is not $20.

Also, since we cannot see the complete compressor wheel, it pretty unlikely that just one blade is damaged.

I apologize for bringing this stuff up in light of your situtation, but I know you are trying to be honest in your attempt at selling this thing. Truth is, is that this turbo has a standard Garrett .63 a/r turbine housing which is not compatible with the 951 crossover pipe or downpipe flanges. It will not bolt on to a 951 without having to modify these parts.

You may have better luck selling this turbo on eBay as this turbo will fit almost everything but a 951!!
358whp/352lbft @ 18.5 psi 91 pump
438whp/430lbft @ 22.5 psi E85
Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Thank you. It looks like I should be posting this outside the forums - given the bolt-on issues not the state of the compressor wheel.

This has been difficult for three reasons: first, (which is probably obvious) I am very new to turbos; secondly, the turbo itself is at my father's place, so I have to interpret everything from picture and the previous owner; the third reason is that the previous owner seems to as nearly as naive as I am about this things (e.g., the miss-priced compressor wheel, telling me it was bolt-on).

Like you suggested, I'll be taking this to Ebay and trying to get what I can. I have grad school fees to pay and was hoping my entry to this forum would be more about fixing my new 951 (which I love!) and not about trying sell of parts I naively bought along with loads of miss-information.

Thanks again for taking the point out these errors. The last thing I want to do is to have someone pull apart there car, excited to install their new turbo, but unable to install it because I gave them bad info.

Sadly, I payed $500 for this. The PO is a friend-of-a-friend- a good guy to have a beer with, a bad guy to buy a turbo from ; )
Old 11-23-2010, 10:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: