Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Source for parking light bulb holder

I am in the process of changing the headlight of a 968 to Euro spec. I have found the Bosch lamp*units, but I have no socket for the parking light bulbs. They are not listed as a separate Porsche part. They fit in a 15.6 mm (or maybe it is 5/8") round hole, I am guessing there is a rubber gasket and that they are press fit. The bulb are 5W, I am guessing glass wedge. Can anyone suggest a good source for these?
Old 02-27-2011, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm surprised the 968 Pet does not have it listed. You must have Auto Parts Stores in Oslo. I would look in the Lights Section for a bulb holder I could make work. The next place to look is a Junk Yard. Lots of good finds to stock up on used parts.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 02-27-2011, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks. Yes, I assume I can always find something that more or less fits, but since the socket is somewhat exposed to the elements on the 968, it would be good to be sure to have the real thing.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Yes, I know what you mean. I cleaned off a ground point and put w/shield rubber cement over it and have had no more problems. I am slowly working around the car doing that.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 02-28-2011, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by egil View Post
Thanks. Yes, I assume I can always find something that more or less fits, but since the socket is somewhat exposed to the elements on the 968, it would be good to be sure to have the real thing.
I ended up using the bulb holders for the euro side repeaters, part no 61 949 111, which uses the right type of 5W glass socket bulb. The rubber sealing "sock" for the side repeater will not fit, so I sealed off the 3 openings with epoxy, and used a suitable rubber grommet for sealing, making it press fit. I am not 100% comfortable with this solution, but I am assuming it will be good enough for the summer season at least.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: