Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Complete manual window conversion early 944

This is the entire kit to transform your doors on your early 944 into lighter weight hassel free clean looking factory manual window winders!

ALL Black door panels with armrests and pockets in excellent shape, fiber board is in 9 out of 10 shape and only minor problem from perfect is drivers panel upper inner felt window seal needs a little tlc. easy fix. Also have set of two tone brown door panels that are in excellent shape with good seals, and back fiber board is in great shape. Only one set of panels take your pick?

Manual window regulators are excellent and come with lower window bracket, track and correct early 944 black window winder crank handles with hardware and plastic washer!
Realistic time frame for removal of yours and install is around 2hrs

$250 shipped for entire kit, I have included a picture of my setup on bottom of page, for demo ONLY this same setup is in my early 944 with anthracite uppers and it lightens door and works perfect!

'83 944 ROW zermatt silver/black, sunroof & A/C factory deleted, houndstooth sport seats, 7Q - 220 LSD short fifth, F & R 23.3 MM 951 M030 suspension, 16" fuch's, manual windows, club sport mirrors, Blk/Wht gauges, rear seats & all sound deadening removed, 968 rear wing, fiberglass hood & 937 F bumper

Last edited by commdiver; 03-12-2011 at 03:37 PM..
Old 03-11-2011, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Under the car

Do the manual wondow regulators interfere with the door speakers or is it as simple as cutting the hole in the panel and its good to go. With a speaker grille sticking out a bit would the handle hit the grille?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Inside the door there is no interference however if you put factory speaker cover in stock location it would probably hit the handle. I was interested in lightening so I run just the center dash speaker like stock 3 speaker 924 and early 944 is. If you really wanted door speakers ditch these under ARM rest pockets and install super late 944 under armrest speaker plate and grill it bolts right up and has mid and high under each rest
'83 944 ROW zermatt silver/black, sunroof & A/C factory deleted, houndstooth sport seats, 7Q - 220 LSD short fifth, F & R 23.3 MM 951 M030 suspension, 16" fuch's, manual windows, club sport mirrors, Blk/Wht gauges, rear seats & all sound deadening removed, 968 rear wing, fiberglass hood & 937 F bumper
Old 03-11-2011, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
The newest of the noobs!

Nice deal you have going there, but I beg to differ on weight. The electric setup vs. manual setup, argument as old as Egypt. Where exactly is the weight savings? I have, side by side, a manual 924 door next to an electric version. Both I own, and no noticable difference.
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Built!
2004 Winnebago Vectra track day motel
Old 03-11-2011, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Nice too know you have both sets as well Congrats on owning both styles and not weighing them. Yes indeed the electric regulators with heavy motor, wiring, and switches all weighs more, and when you add that to black plastic CUP or Club Sport manual mirrors like I do and not having speaker in door it really starts adding up the pounds.

Again sorry you don't agree with simple physics but maybe you should start a thread on this topic in tech. Discussion 924/944 area as this is classified section?

Last edited by commdiver; 03-11-2011 at 03:13 PM..
Old 03-11-2011, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
The newest of the noobs!

Dude, I'm not dissing your product, you have a decent price on the kit. I'm though, a bit concerned on your advertising. You mention that there is a weight savings, and unless you gut the doors as in a race car, there is very little difference in weight between the two systems. You mention the difference between a door's weight on a driver side mirror only set, versus a set with the two electrical side mirrors, but this is not in the initial post. Yes, the electric mirrors have some weight, but not that much.
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Built!
2004 Winnebago Vectra track day motel
Old 03-11-2011, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I'm verry appreciative with your concern and thus will be forced to post weight comparisons of manual kit along side electric gear. Of course I understand your concern regarding lightening and while most probably are not interested in this kit like yourself. However there are a few out there that are interested in manual Windows, manual mirrors, manual sunroof, radio delete, etc..... it all adds up to hundreds of lbs
Club sport cars still have a factory look yet can be autocrossed with much better results.
After all with low power and excellent handling lightening is much cheaper than power upgrades.
I also think your confusing the flimsy little 1 side only early 924 mirror with the both side late 944 factory clubsport mirrors. Early factory radio delete cubby is also a nice delete option I like

Last edited by commdiver; 03-11-2011 at 04:49 PM..
Old 03-11-2011, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by commdiver View Post
I'm verry appreciative with your concern and thus will be forced to post weight comparisons of manual kit along side electric gear. Of course I understand your concern regarding lightening and while most probably are not interested in this kit like yourself. However there are a few out there that are interested in manual Windows, manual mirrors, manual sunroof, radio delete, etc..... it all adds up to hundreds of lbs
Club sport cars still have a factory look yet can be autocrossed with much better results.
After all with low power and excellent handling lightening is much cheaper than power upgrades.
I also think your confusing the flimsy little 1 side only early 924 mirror with the both side late 944 factory clubsport mirrors. Early factory radio delete cubby is also a nice delete option I like
I am really interested in the weight difference. It makes sense to be lighter but by how much. Thanks for the extra effort!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
OK technical wizards here we have wight diff. done on a highly accurate machinist scale in grams then converted to lb's

Power window regulator 2576 grams 5.68 lb's
Manual window regulator 1542 grams 3.40 lbs

Flag style power mirror assembly 1832 grams 4.04 lb's
CS plastic manual mirror assembly 498 grams 1.09 lb's

Stereo Head unit 1255 grams 2.77lb's
Early stereo delete cubby 42 grams .09 lb's
4" x 6" speaker 515 grams 1.14 lb's

So when we delete heavy power window gear, 4" x 6" speaker and large flag style power mirror we get a savings of 6.42lbs per door which is huge when you feel the weight of door every time you close it. I love the lightweight feeling of my doors and they close easier with much less of a bang like the heavier stock version!

When you combine the 2 doors thats 13lbs and add that to other things like full A/C delete, manual steering, lightweight carpet with NO sound deadening, lightweight glass, rear seat delete, now your in the 100's of lb's yet its still a very clean looking car that retains street car asthetics and function but a lot quicker overall.

So deleting stereo and speakers equates to 7.33 lbs or if you choose to run single front speaker behind dash grill like super early 944 then you save 1.14lbs I have left rear speakers and center speaker but pull head unit out and stick factory delete cubby in that way I can stick in for long drives if I want stereo blaring.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Will split the manual window package down the middle
$125 for just panels shipped or $125 for just window winder gear shipped
thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Now that I stated the facts down to grams I hear crickets chirping??? Interesting to note I weighed a early electric window regulator and it weighed almost 100 grams more than the late 968 one I showed pictures of up top that I used for the calcs.

Last edited by commdiver; 03-16-2011 at 08:33 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Now that I stated the facts down to grams I hear crickets chirping??? Interesting to note I weighed a early electric window regulator and it weighed almost 100 grams more than the late 968 one I showed pictures of up top that I used for the calcs.
Haha, pretty normal of this crowd unfortunately. First time I seen these for sale with all the components together. Pretty good idea. My electric windows work great or I'd be swapping. It is interesting to know the weight differences though.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
If I was competing with my car on the track I would have done the conversion. In my case saving 13-14 lbs doesn't justify the expense. It is still a great deal though and I am sure there are people that will take advantage of that!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Are you selling the early stereo delete cubby?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
No but you can purchase them from Porsche new they are still in stock. Call Sunset Porsche in oregoen they have the cheapest OEM prices hands down all the other middle men like Pelican cant beat them? Part # is on the center console page in Porsche PET
Old 03-17-2011, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Porsche Crest Where can I but this conversion kit

I want to change electric to manual windows 1987 944 base. does anyone know if this or another similar kit is available
Thanks
Mike
Old 10-01-2017, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Is this kit still for sale??
Old 08-22-2019, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
I don’t have the door panels anymore this kit did sell a long time ago however I believe I still have a set of the early manual window winders let me have a little look in garage this weekend to double check!
Old 08-22-2019, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

I believe you can still buy these kits new, I purchased 2 Porsche NOS kits last year. I think the retailer got them direct from Germany I’ll look back my receipts on where I got them. I got my Handle winders new on pelican parts. The handles were not OEM but a Porsche aftermarket and pretty close to originals
Old 08-23-2019, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Sweet!
Old 08-23-2019, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: