Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Early leather manual brown Sport Seats for sale

Hello. I'm new to the forum with a couple items to sell and some questions that will follow shortly after in the techincal section.

These seats are from an '83 944 with a burgandy interior. The passenger seat is pretty good and the drivers is not bad. Neither have tears or major issues though the driver has some cracking on the seat bottom as pictured, some wear on the bolster and what looks like a repair crack/cut that is holding just fine. Foam seems to be good and the bolsters are nice and firm. Reclining works great. No sliders are included but the bolts to mount them to the seats are included. These will fit early and late cars. Much lighter than the electric version. If I don't sell them for the asking price I will probably just put them in another project after giving them a spray dye to black, which will make them look new. I have tried to post enough pictures to give you a good idea of condition. I'm happy to provide more pictures as requested. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Seats are located in Santa Fe, NM. The price is $550 shipped within the 48 US.

Passenger seat is on the left, driver's on the right.

Overall the seats are in pretty good condition but please look at the photos and decide for yourself.

Passenger seat top.

Passenger seat bottom.

Driver seat top.

Driver seat bottom. Here you can see the worst of the imperfections; some cracking in the leather.

A repair to the driver's door side bolster holding up well.

Driver's bolster is faded from use. Spray dye and it would look brand new. I've always had good luck with spray dyes and they hold up well with no color transfer to clothing. I was going to dye them myself but want to leave that option open to the new owner.

Backs of the seats look great with no wear.

Last edited by ninfofo; 03-20-2011 at 11:05 AM..
Old 03-12-2011, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Are these brown or black? They appear black in the pictures.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
They definetly are dark brown might be your computer screen or window sunlight glare?
'83 944 ROW zermatt silver/black, sunroof & A/C factory deleted, houndstooth sport seats, 7Q - 220 LSD short fifth, F & R 23.3 MM 951 M030 suspension, 16" fuch's, manual windows, club sport mirrors, Blk/Wht gauges, rear seats & all sound deadening removed, 968 rear wing, fiberglass hood & 937 F bumper
Old 03-12-2011, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

They're brown though as commdiver mentioned, it is a dark brown. They are stock and unmodified so it's the original color. I snapped pics of them in the sun hoping it would give the most honest demonstration of condition. Feel free to communicate further questions/concerns/etc.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I should mention that I would also be interested in trades. I'm looking for aftermarket rocker panels/side skirts, rear bumper and front to fit an '87 944 n/a. Essentially fiberglass pieces to spice up the appearance of the car.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

bumperoo. I will update the listing once sold so if it is not stated otherwise, the seats are still for sale and waiting patiently for a new home.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Seats have been sold.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: