Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Want to buy: 944 S or S2 engine

Looking to replace my 2.5 that blew due to a timing belt issue Looking for a swap in motor. DOHC preferred.

Please email me at tmscaf@gmail.com

Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Rocket Surgeon

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Pettybird
you need a LOT of parts to convert--it's not a simple swap.

since you're in NE Ohio check out the '88 on Craigslist for $900 or so--it runs, but looks terrible due to accident damage. non LSD transmission, pretty worn otherwise. You could be back on the road within a weekend.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I have a S engine in CA that is in excellent shape, removed head and dropped at machine shop for cleaning and presure check. It had been rebuilt in last 5 years with valve job and decking. Short block is excellent came from running well csared for but wrecked CA 1987 S cylinder walls have NO scoring or scratches. Has heasers, intake, front timing stuff, bellhousing and clutch parts. Overall I have 95% of the engine or package to make run, like igntiion module with wiring harness plug for it cut about 12" to wire into non S cars. Also have DME computer with performance chip, airbox k&N filter, throttle cable but you will still need to get exhaust under car, misc. hoses and small things. Im asking $1,100 for complete engine ans shipping will run around $350 to you freight for pickup on your end at Yellow Roadway
'83 944 ROW zermatt silver/black, sunroof & A/C factory deleted, houndstooth sport seats, 7Q - 220 LSD short fifth, F & R 23.3 MM 951 M030 suspension, 16" fuch's, manual windows, club sport mirrors, Blk/Wht gauges, rear seats & all sound deadening removed, 968 rear wing, fiberglass hood & 937 F bumper
Old 03-15-2011, 09:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
It is not that hard to swap in a differnet engine once you get the wiring sorted out.

The S2 will run around $3k and you will need the AFM, DME, Engine harness and a few other bits - $3K

The S is a similar swap, but much less money typically - Say $1500

The problem is either way you are installing a used motor with unknown history. You can spend another $1k to do seals, bearing etc. to help, but it is still somewhat unknown. Plus you'll have belts, hoses and other items that add up.

So, back to the existing motor. Timing belt usually means bent valves. Why not redo the head or buy another head, replace belts etc. and go? You can get a decent head for a couple hundred, $75 for belts, $100 for gaskets and put it back together.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
1994 968 engine and drive line for sale complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmscaf View Post
Looking to replace my 2.5 that blew due to a timing belt issue Looking for a swap in motor. DOHC preferred.

Please email me at tmscaf@gmail.com

Thanks
Hello

if still looking I have a 968 3.0 still in the car running and driving I'm removing to to a turbo swap pm if interested. can sell all related parts for your swap. and I also have a 88 2.5 motor available too.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: