Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: Heated 996 Hard Back Sport Seats, converted for 924/944/968

Heated copies of these are a rare find, and I'll offer them here to the more DIY set before repainting the backs and offering them to the 964/993 crowd at a higher price.

For sale for $1600 + shipping from either Kingston, ON or Watertown, NY.

I have a pair of black heated 996 sport seats (power back, manual height and forward/back adjustment) now mounted in my 944 which are going to be replaced by Recaro Pole Positions for more dedicated track use.

I have converted the mounts to bolt directly into a 944, but I have not yet connected the heating elements. On the driver's side, the manual hydraulic seat height adjustment is a little stiff, and the electric seat back movement is a little notchy in one place, but moves well if you don't put a lot of weight on the seat back.

The passenger's is perfect mechanically. Neither seat shows any bolster wear, scratches or rips in the leather, though there are a couple of abrasions on the vinyl around the hard backs of each seat. Both are very solid.

Both hard backs have some scratches in the factory paint. They could be painted to match a body color quite easily.

Seat belt buckles won't be included, but you can use standard 944 belt hardware and bolts on these, as they're made by Recaro like other Porsche seats.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I actually live in Watertown
Old 05-09-2011, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Nice! I live in Kingston, but I get down there pretty frequently. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, and maybe I can give you a hand with the installation (not that it's at all difficult).
Old 05-09-2011, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Bump. The seats and I are headed to Mosport this weekend. They can be yours without the cost of shipping if you're nearby!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Bump. Great and scarce seats!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Bump. Delivery to 944Fest will be possible!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: