Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Porsche 968 engine with 49K miles

The engine from the '93 968 that I am parting is now out of the car and on an engine stand. The engine has 49K miles on it. The PO owns a European auto repair shop and purchased the car as a project with the intention of restoring it. He completely serviced the engine. Before moving on to the body work, he picked up a Boxster project and decided to sell the 968. Before parting the car, the motor ran fine. Service items completed include:

A complete timing belt and variocam service (new belts, seals, pads)
New tensioner and rollers
New waterpump and alternator/AC belt tensioners
All new accessory belts
New timing chain
New water pump
New distributor cap and rotor

The parts total came to about $1K, I have the complete list of what parts were replaced.

Before parting the car, I had the opportunity to exercise the engine, and it ran great. The alternator, ps pump, and ac compressor are included with the engine. I was told that the ac compressor is seized; however, I did not test it.

I'm offering the engine for $3200 or $3400 with the computers and wiring harness. I am willing to ship the engine, but arrangements would have to be made by the buyer at his or her expense.

The engine is also currently listed on ebay. Please look there for pics and video of the engine running as well as the list of parts replaced when it was serviced.

Porsche 968 Engine, 49K miles and Fully Serviced | eBay
Old 05-18-2011, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: