Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche 951/944 Turbo for sale

I need to get rid of the 951 as-is ASAP. I want and I need to get a certain for it as-is right now. The interior is great no cracks in dash. The body is great besides it needed a new paint jobs and a small ding in the front fender it's an easy fix. The engine has 77xxx miles on it. It ran great needs nothing just had water pump done so it's good for atleast 7 years. The rims have been just refinished. The car has a test tipe on it and sounds great. The clutch is great the gearbox is changing gears smoothly. I can get you new valves and have them put in the cylinder head for 700$ more. Then all you have to do is bolt that **** on and do the belts and it's off. That should not cost more then 500 more to have that done at the shop if you are not willing to do. Email me ASAP if you want to buy this car cause I need to get the money ASAP because I need a car to drive that has lower insurance then the 951 looking to be getting a VW jetta once I sell this car. Email me at seb928s@ij.net if you have any questions or to make offers. If you have aol message me on seb928s

Thanks

Sebastian

Last edited by seb928s; 02-28-2002 at 05:58 PM..
Old 02-28-2002, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

hey, where are you located? that would help a bunch. thanks.
Old 02-28-2002, 09:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Florida Yea It would help I live in St.Petersburg FL 33710
Old 02-28-2002, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

951 for sale

Sabastian,

What do you want for the car? Does it have any other mods besides the test pipe? i.e. chip, wastegate etc.? What year is it? Do you have pics to post? I am interested but only if you can supply more info.

You said engine had 77K, what is mileage on the car? Color, type wheels? etc.

Would you consider a trade for a nice 944S? Red, alloys black leather loaded and in primo shape. Just did clutch, water pump, belts & cam chain, and all hoses, plus general tune up. Ran mobil 1 all its life and runs like a champ. All stock except the K&N filter which is new. New A/C compressor and the rear CV's and bearings were recently gone through.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheels16.jpg (17.0 KB, 1212 views)
Old 03-02-2002, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

It's an 1986 951 with 77xxx miles on it. The car only has the test pipe. No other mods were made I was planing on modding it more but the timing belt tensioner went and I need to sell the car to get a cheaper car to drive like VW Jetta that my friend is selling. I have put a lot of new parts in while I owned the car for the last year and a half. Today just put in a the slave clutch cylinder and I'm putting in the master once I get some more time. I'm still working on the heads I think I'm going to order the valves and all the parts I need this weekend. The car really needs a paint job because I took out all the little dings so it's been sanded down and praymired. I put in new parts such as new gas pump new water pump and other big role parts in the car. I would keep this car but money is an issue right now for me I'm only 18 and I plan on getting an 911 in a year or so. That is why I'm selling the car to get an 1996 VW Jetta. I can take some pictures of the car and email them to you or post them on my website. If you have any other questions email me at seb928s@ij.net I will be asking a lot more if I fix the car and have it painted at the shop so if you know how to fix the valves on your own or have a good connections my price that I need to get is a pretty good deal. Email me if you want pictures and/or to make offer. Any thing else?
Old 03-02-2002, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Oh yea the car is red and it has fuchs on it. I have the records for the car.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Price in $????

I asked a question in my previous post that you still did not answer bro.

What is the price for the car??? $_______

I need your help for me to make a decision.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Post an offer and I'll tell you if you get the car.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Offer

Cute.... Good Luck

I'll find one somewhere else. Let me know if you get serious about selling it. BTW, I'll be in Florida this week.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Well I need to get out of the car 7500$ because I put in it over the last year and a half 2000$ basically the car is overall great besides the cylinder head job and the paint. If you are interested in it say so. I'm planning ordering the parts I need to fix it tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2002, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I suggest you fix it. No way you are going to get $7500 for a car that needs head and maybe more work to engine plus paint work. Just to demonstrate. I know of two 951s in my area. One 87 one 86 and they are both listing for less money then you are asking. One has 102K miles and other is about the same. But both are running great and paint is also good on both.

Sincere Good luck with it.

Eric
Old 03-04-2002, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Chouse
Eturbo is right. Good luck trying to get more than 3-3500 for it. Send me some pics of it though Chouse9675@aol.com Any interest in trading for something?
Old 03-04-2002, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Thanks

Sabastian,

Just so there is no doubt, I am not interested. Eturbo is quite correct. Your asking price is more in line with a running example of your car as opposed to a basket case. The amount you have spent to maintain a car has no bearing on its value. That said a well maintained car will sell for more than a poorly maintained or damaged car, if I may state the obvious.

I want to first thank you for the info and to wish you good luck. If you can afford to fix the car, you might get your asking price.

Eturbo, can you let me know where you saw the 951's for sale in your area? Where is your area? as I am still interested in locating a nice 951 with shiney original paint in a well maintained condition.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

TKenton Sure my area is Bradford Mass. The two cars are 1986 turbo black, don't remember miles but asking price was $6800 I believe. I can try to find that number for you. It was at a local used car dealer.

The 1987 is a White on burgandy 951 with 102K miles. It belongs to my friend and I am awaiting prictures to post. He has asked me to help him sell it. Asking $7000 o.b.o Issue with it is that it was a theft recovery. So beyound about 2 years ago he has no records. The water pump and belts are going to be replaced before the car is sold so these will be off the list of worries.

Anyway let me know if you are any where near Mass and would like to investigate either of these cars. I also know of a 1989 944S2 with 125K or so miles, new clutch, belts and a host of other things. I think his asking price is 9K but not sure. Red on Black, power heated seats, MO3O suspension.

Eric
Old 03-05-2002, 03:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

944S2 & 951's for sale

ETurbo,

I would be very interested in all three of these cars. I may be most interested in the S2 if it is well maintained. How can I contact the owner? Both of the turbos are possibiltities. I would like to know the mileage and any knowledge of the history on the black one. Any mods. that are known on each.

I know this is not your job but any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Can e-mail me direct at : flanery@zoomnet.net

Will be down in Florida til next Monday for bike week
Old 03-05-2002, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: