Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1992 968 Coupe - wrecked - F/S

Complete car. New valve job within the past 6 months. PO spun out on the freeway during a rain storm causing quite a bit of body damage. I purchased to harvest the drive train, but now realize I have no time to mess with it Clean title, FWIW, but doesn't look like something worth repairing to me. $3,250.00 OBO. Car is sitting on my flatbed trailer and I would prefer to only move it once, so if your somewhere close to the Daytona, FL area I'd transport it to you. Email to: jpnorthwood@aol.com

Last edited by John Schaefer; 07-15-2011 at 06:43 PM..
Old 07-15-2011, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Pictures?, color, trans type?
Thanks
Old 07-15-2011, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Same

Hi,
Pics, Miles, Xmsn......
Thanks.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

how negotiable are you john? i could use the engine and a few other parts i saw the ad for this car on craigslist 2 days ago for $2000 obo ........1992 Rare Porsche 968 was in excellent condition until rainstorm the other day! Just put new tires and brakes, boots etc, 100 mile ago. Is rebuildable or parts. Call Pat 904-xxx-xxxx for details. 138k, not enough pictures to show actual damage, but enough to show worst!..... the pictures on the ad show it is an obvious total loss but not that bad for a parts car.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I still need a hatch, is it still in Jax or do you have it down south??

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 07-16-2011, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I'll be in Daytona Monday. If you still have it I'd like to check it out.

Kevin
Old 07-16-2011, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Car sold on monday off of craigslist. I saw it over the weekend and called on monday. Still avail. got stuck fixing someones car and got a late start. Called back to say I was on the way and it was sold. I still have pics laying around. Didn't look to bad, but didn't see in person. That might have made a diff. Still a good deal as long as the drivetrain is good. The guy that bought it works at Brumos.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
It by chance wasn't a blue coupe with light interior and a tip tranny was it?
Old 07-16-2011, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

black coupe
Old 07-16-2011, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

VIN number WP0AA2962NS820418. Books and records that come with the car show paint code as L37W, and interior color TT / Option codes: XD4, 231, 249, 331, 403, 437, 454, 850, and 0991. Purchased new and serviced at Brumos. We inspected it prior to accident and car was sound, but there were some typical minor engine oil leaks: ie - oil pan gasket. I have the receipt for over $600.00 in new tires purchased at Discount Tire last month which will be covered/replaced by their road hazard warranty The motor and trans appear to be in good condition; plastic rear trans fluid tank was cracked and now missing. Rear hatch looks good, all glass and passenger side door look good. Remaining panels all have some form of damage. Decent, to nice condition, interior; the steering wheel air bag did not deploy. Yeah, I purchased it for $2K and know it's worth more. I thought this would make a good donor for a 924 project I'd like to undertake ( 1978 924 Holbert DP look F/S ), but I just don't have it in me - timewise. I don't really want to part it out (someone else can buy it and make $$$ doing that) and will prob. just sit on if it's not sold at/close to my asking price.

The car is located in New Smyrna Beach, FL and it can be viewed the first 3 Tuesdays of the month and on Sunday... only days I'm not making the 109 mile drive up and back to Jacksonville.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Old 07-17-2011, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: