Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Clean K26/6 turbo $150 OBO/trade

KKK K26/6 Turbocharger taken off a 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (951) with approximately 70,000 miles. Unit is in good shape and is very clean. Turbine shaft spins freely and smoothly. Minimal shaft play; with the cold side housing removed, end play is less than 1 millimeter.

Compressor wheel has very small nicks on the leading edges of some blades, as if dust perhaps was pulled into the inlet. These nicks could be easily cleaned up with a careful filing. Cold side housing is missing its o-ring, so I would recommend rebuilding/resealing this turbo prior to use.

This unit could be used as a good core for an upgrade to a K27/6 or a hybrid turbo. Center section is clean but does have some expected rust in the water inlet/outlet. Two studs on the hot side are broken off about halfway. There is still plenty of thread left to attach two nuts to remove the stud. The other two studs could stand to be replaced as well simply due to age.

Looking to get $150 OBO for this good turbo. I am always looking for parts so I am also open to trades. I travel regularly between the areas of San Diego, Riverside and Los Angeles and can deliver to you if desired.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

More.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: