Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Porscaholic and loving it

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ez-Bone Send a message via MSN to Ez-Bone Send a message via Yahoo to Ez-Bone Send a message via Skype™ to Ez-Bone
Porsche Crest WTB 951 brakes

I am looking for 951 brakes.

Name your price if you have any for sale and any that catch my interest I will PM you for more discussion.

Edit: can be 951 or 951S.
I have a front caliper already but do not know what side it is supposed to go on (the arrow was ground off) so those of your that have partail sets, apply within too!

PS: it is not really a big deal if the caliper is right or left 'only' is it? All I would have to do is move the fluid transfer tube to the other side and vice versa depending on the side it is on, ja? So the bleeders are still on top as they are supposed to be?

PORSCHE
My anti-drug <3

Last edited by Ez-Bone; 09-23-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Old 09-23-2011, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

no, you can't reverse sides. the calipers will have a larger piston in the "rear" of the caliper body. If you reverse sides, the pads will wear into a wedge.
The Previous owner of my car did exactly that - he must have obtained a replacement caliper somewhere and put it in - it was backwards, and it baffled me when I saw the pad wear. It did still have the arrows however, so once I saw the arrow pointing the wrong way it made sense.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Porscaholic and loving it

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ez-Bone Send a message via MSN to Ez-Bone Send a message via Yahoo to Ez-Bone Send a message via Skype™ to Ez-Bone
Porsche Crest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
no, you can't reverse sides. the calipers will have a larger piston in the "rear" of the caliper body. If you reverse sides, the pads will wear into a wedge.
The Previous owner of my car did exactly that - he must have obtained a replacement caliper somewhere and put it in - it was backwards, and it baffled me when I saw the pad wear. It did still have the arrows however, so once I saw the arrow pointing the wrong way it made sense.
Thanks for the headsup! So from what you said I have a driver's side front caliper!

So if anyone has the right side, let me know your prices! If you do not want to sell individually still let me know your prices!

PORSCHE
My anti-drug <3
Old 09-23-2011, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
West Central Ohio 45380

Garage
Pm sent
Old 09-24-2011, 03:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Ive got a rear set for $115 that works but has come corrosion on the bolts. Have a nice rear set for $150. I have a front turbo S set of calipers for $250 that has some corrosion on the bolts but was off a running driving car.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I have a set of spindles, hubs, and calipers from a late model 944 turbo (not S). PM with any questions. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
944 turbo , 951 brakes , brembo , calipers