Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
uvachief

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to uvachief
Want to Buy Late 944 AC Control Unit

I want to buy a working and good condition Heating and Air Conditioning (A/C) control switch unit that fits a 1986 944 na. It is part number 944 653 021 04. Shipping will be to 23230 so let me know what you want as well as shipping costs.

uvachief
1986 944 NA Red 5SPD

Last edited by uvachief; 10-14-2011 at 09:45 AM..
Old 10-10-2011, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

PM sent
Old 10-10-2011, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
uvachief

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvachief View Post
I want to buy a working and good condition AC control unit that fits a 1986 944 na. It is part number 944 653 021 04. Shipping will be to 23230 so let me know what you want as well as shipping costs.
Anyone else?

uvachief
1986 944 NA Red 5SPD
Old 10-14-2011, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I've got a near mint one - clear panel is in great shape and good graphics for $200. Not sure what your budget and expectations are but posting them might help folks replying as these panels come in all different kinds of condition and new are $600.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

So I was low at $175 shipped for a near perfect unit as I thought.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian944turbo View Post
So I was low at $175 shipped for a near perfect unit as I thought.
I don't know where the market is on these really. Sold this one for $125 over ebay just the other day and it was in nice shape as well.

I am down to just two super nice ones and don't have to sell them - just saw this listing and thought I would post something up
Old 10-14-2011, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

uvachief

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
I've got a near mint one - clear panel is in great shape and good graphics for $200. Not sure what your budget and expectations are but posting them might help folks replying as these panels come in all different kinds of condition and new are $600.

That one does look to be in good shape. Even the AC button looks good.

uvachief
1986 944 NA Red 5SPD
Old 10-15-2011, 01:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
uvachief

Garage
I am confused. JoshB do you have any left like this for $125?

uvachief
1986 944 NA Red 5SPD
Old 11-10-2011, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I am confused. JoshB do you have any left like this for $125?
No - sorry for the confusion. I just have two - one of which is pictured and asking $200 for either one.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
uvachief

Garage
How can i be assured your units work? I've bought 2 dudes already. Really want a fully refurbished unit.

uvachief
1986 944 NA Red 5SPD
Old 11-16-2011, 11:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
How can i be assured your units work? I've bought 2 dudes already. Really want a fully refurbished unit.
If yours and two additional ones that you've purchased haven't fixed your AC/heat system I seriously doubt it is the control unit. That would be highly unlikely - I just haven't seen a lot of these fail. Have you looked at the big box under the dash with all the solenoids and levers on the sides? What specifically on yours isn't working? I think most of the time folks replace these control units because the AC button is physically broken or the graphics are worn or the clear mounting plate has disintegrated....
Old 11-17-2011, 03:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
uvachief

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
If yours and two additional ones that you've purchased haven't fixed your AC/heat system I seriously doubt it is the control unit. That would be highly unlikely - I just haven't seen a lot of these fail. Have you looked at the big box under the dash with all the solenoids and levers on the sides? What specifically on yours isn't working? I think most of the time folks replace these control units because the AC button is physically broken or the graphics are worn or the clear mounting plate has disintegrated....
I have defrost but no control over fan speed in that mode. I have either full heat or full ac but the regulator dial does nothing to adjust either. My old unit produced zero heat. I can swap out the 2 hodge podge units with one from another car and it seems to work fine. There is an 87 944 na gettimg work done at the shop and its unit works in mine. Old units that were pulled long ago and sat on a shelf, seem to corrode diodes or cease to work for some reason. One unit I tried was working when it was pulled but that was over 5 years ago. It does not work at all now. Just dead. Hardly anyone wraps these units in plastic after they are pulled to protect from dust and moisture. Others I have tried have fried ac switches that shorted out the whole unit when it was last running.

uvachief
1986 944 NA Red 5SPD

Last edited by uvachief; 11-18-2011 at 01:50 AM.. Reason: misspelling added info on wrapping units
Old 11-18-2011, 01:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I have defrost but no control over fan speed in that mode. I have either full heat or full ac but the regulator dial does nothing to adjust either. My old unit produced zero heat. I can swap out the 2 hodge podge units with one from another car and it seems to work fine. There is an 87 944 na gettimg work done at the shop and its unit works in mine. Old units that were pulled long ago and sat on a shelf, seem to corrode diodes or cease to work for some reason. One unit I tried was working when it was pulled but that was over 5 years ago. It does not work at all now. Just dead. Hardly anyone wraps these units in plastic after they are pulled to protect from dust and moisture. Others I have tried have fried ac switches that shorted out the whole unit when it was last running.
I am pretty sure when you use the defrost button there is no control over the fan speed -it goes to full high, the heat comes on and the solenoids point the air to the dash. I just use it temporarily when the windshield has fogged up a lot. If you don't have a copy of the owner's manual I think I have a scanned copy somewhere - we could look it up in there...

Usually to run the defrost longer I just slide that lever up in the middle of the central air vents so it diverts some air onto the windshield. Then I don't have to turn on the defrost button to clear out the haze and I just adjust the knobs to do the job.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Old 11-18-2011, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Here are some pics of the two units I have left.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: