Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Fuel line question

HI,
After a long time sitting, I cannot get my early 85 started. I have drained the tank, cleaned the filter and put the fuel line back. Do I need to prime the gas line, maybe from the engine bay back to the pump or should the pump be able to send the gas through the line to the engine on its own. I know that the lines are bone dry.
Thoughts?
Thank you,
Tim
Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Garage Helper

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocacolakidd
the fuel system is set up with as a circuit, supply and return, so as the pump is running the gas is going around in a circle there - from tank to rail and back.

Time to check to see of the injectors are stopped up/gummed up - you may have to pull them and either clean them or send them out to be cleaned.

If the lines are dry and the pump is truly running also check the fuel filter for being clogged up - if all is well that way then the pump is not pumping, as there should be pressure in the fuel rail, even with clogged injectors. There is a check valve on the upstream side of the fuel pump, wouldn't hurt to check that also.
Pedal to the metal till you see the gates of hell then brake
NLA - No longer available is a four letter word
Old 11-07-2011, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: