Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Porsche Nut

Garage
WTB: Solid Transmission Mount

Looking for a solid mount for a race car (86 944 Spec). Thought I would see if anybody here has one rather than buying a new one.
Thanks,
Chuck
Old 12-17-2011, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
JERRY B

Garage
Chuck Just fill the old one with urethane $20
I used 3M window weld its almost solid
Jerry
Old 12-17-2011, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Chuck,

I have a brand new Lindsey Racing Ultra transmission mount. I bought two and have one on my race car - It's a perfect combo of rigidity and vibration isolation.

It's still in the box. I paid $269...I'll sell for $200 plus shipping.

Cheers,

Rick
Old 12-17-2011, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Porsche Nut

Garage
Rick,
Thanks, that one is probably the best. Just for cost consideration, was hoping to find the regular LR mount at about half price.
If none of those are around, will get back to you in a day or two.

(Jerry, I'll call and explain why I need more than you suggest)

Last edited by ChuckS944; 12-17-2011 at 06:05 PM..
Old 12-17-2011, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
hybrid

Garage
A true Polyurethane based transmission mount. I mulled over the design for a while to make it exceedingly strong and with inexpensive replaceable Polyurethane Bushings. Uses Prothane Brand bushings part# 19-427 ..........60A Polyurethane for the best longevity and performance. Get solid mount shifter feel without the harsh vibrations/resonance that a solid mount transmits.... $206 Shipped Priority to the US-48

pm if interested
Old 12-18-2011, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
the guy with the wrench

A solid trans mount is not legal for 944 spec. I had to replace my solid mount with a stock unit at the NASA nationals this year. I didn't know it was illegal til another racer was having axel problems and I told him he may be having trans mount problems and that is why I use a solid mount. Another racer heard me say this, checked the rules, and sure enough, not legal. I was then informed by my national series director that if I was in the money at the end of the race I would be DQ'd. Good thing I replaced it as I ended up fifth, while not on the podium was good for 350.00 bucks.
The rule changes for 2012 season address this by saying that reinforcing stock mount with super fast urethane is allowed. I don't know if Lindsey ultra mount is legal or not.
LAST 944
Old 12-19-2011, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Porsche Nut

Garage
Phlip,
Thanks for the info! I was not aware that it wasn't legal. Seems like an odd thing to be not allowed. I have broken several tansmissions, and am trying to figure out why. My trans is not centered with the CV's and may be moving too much from the stock trans mount, effectively "bottoming" the CV and transferring all of the shock directly to the R&P on a hard upshift.

I will check it out. Maybe Jerry's Urethane will be the way to go.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
the guy with the wrench

I thought it was a silly thing to not be allowed also. Before you buy an expensive mount I'd check with the national series director for 944 spec, I'm pretty sure his screen name here on pelican is Sterling Doc. He can answer any rules related questions. It was just added for 2012 that adding window weld urethane is ok.
Come to Mid-Ohio next year, we need just a little bump on car count.
LAST 944
Old 12-19-2011, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
In the Fires of Hell.....

Garage
Some more information on the urethane modification:

Okay, here we go: The great fix it/upgrade thread

Cheers, Keith
I can fix your late 944 Cruise Control module - PM for details
Old 12-19-2011, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
hybrid

Garage
can you run these:

I will build these on request and will take 7-10 days lead time. I use BRAND NEW (not reman) Type II heat-treated CV's with the Larger Diameter Balls and thicker cages along with new through-hardened 4340 Chromoly axles that are chrome plated after the heat-treat process for corrosion resistance. These have no stress-risers in the circlip machined areas of the shaft and can handle much more torque than factory axles. They will come pre-assembled with all brand-new N-butyl rubber boots and new outer CV to hub gaskets and new hardened ALLEN-HEAD CV bolts as well as CV axle grease for each CV joint......

$640/pair shipped anywhere in the U.S.
$670/pair shipped to CANADA

very solid and these hold up a v8 powerhouse
Old 12-19-2011, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Porsche Nut

Garage
Keith and Phil
Thanks for the instruction manual and heads up!

Modenas- Looks great, but out of my price range right now.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: