Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1988 924S central TX for parts

This is a black 88 924s with a good engine, transmission and clutch. Drives well with plenty of pull but has been sitting for 3 years. I had a valve job done since I bought it with a slipped timing belt. Unfortunately it has been sitting in the country for 3 years exposed to the elements. This is why I put it up for parts because the interior is pretty ragged and the body has dents on the doors and front quarter panels but the title is clear and I do have it. Would like to throw the driveline in a nicer car but I don't have time or a nicer car. Also has good tires with plenty of tread.
Probably needs motor mounts and the steering wheel has a shimmy when going straight. Also has a power steering leak and needs a gearshift lever to shift into reverse. I have tested reverse at the transmission and it works fine but the shift lever has too much play

EDIT**
Engine tag M44 / 51
45J00978

Transmission tag 8Q 20 06 3

Does have a limited slip differential. The title is salvage/rebuild

here is a link to the photo gallery
http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff382/mcarter5793/88%20Porsche/

car is one hour south of san antonio -- 78118

900 $

Last edited by mcarter5793; 12-23-2011 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: Add information and link to photo gallery and exact location
Old 12-17-2011, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Where in central Texas? I'm in Austin....would like to come see the car.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

how much for the transmission
Old 12-19-2011, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have to sell the entire car as I don't have time to pull parts. The car is located 1 hour south of san antonio , 78118

the engine code is - M44 / 51
45J00978

transmission code is - 8Q 20 06 3

Seems one of the previous owners put in a turbo block for some reason, having redone the head I know the pistons or N/A. I also jacked the rear of the car and rotating one wheel the other rotates the same direction so I'm told that indicates limited slip. Also the title is a salvage/rebuilt, not sure why, possibly because the first owner replaced the driver door after an accident, just a guess. And while the tread on the tires has plenty of life, the car sitting for a couple years could be affecting the steering wheel shimmy so it might need new tires, but that's why i don't recommend restoring it, definitely nicer examples that coule use an engine or tranny or what have you,
here is a link to a photo gallery - - -

88 Porsche pictures by mcarter5793 - Photobucket
Old 12-22-2011, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: