Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest Road Time for 944 & 964

Hey there 944 & 968 Pelicans,
I have been making Porsche Wheel clocks out of factory wheels for the 911 crowd for a number of years.
These Porsche Wheel clocks are a Perfect item for the garage or Den. You cant know when its "Road Time" without them....
While I was picking out the next 911 wheel clock, I discovered I had several 944/968 wheels I had forgot about.
Below I will paste in a few pictures of 944/968 wheels that can be made into clocks. No point in making them if there is no interest in them. You can even pick the finish, Polished or Painted.
Let me know and thanks for looking,
Don

Below is an example of a finished 911 wheel clock that was just sold

Last edited by Road Time 964; 02-06-2012 at 09:00 PM..
Old 02-05-2012, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Road Time idea

Hey Guys,
Not much interest in 944 wheel clocks. They are cool looking wheels.

What about wheel clock kits - I supply the parts and you refinish as you like and assemble them ?

Let me know how youd want it and I'll let you know a price.

Thanks,
Don

email me @ roadtme@yahoo.com
Old 02-06-2012, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

$100 bucks, Plus $15.00 shipping...

Youd get the following..

factory Porsche wheel in need of refinishing (one of the two above / not fuchs)
wheel cut
wall hanger
center cap
used Porsche crest - cracked but perfect for clock
Polished lugs
Clock
Painted orange Hands
valve stem

You supply wheel refinishing, silicone to glue on lugs and center cap.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
that's pretty cool. do you offer different styles of the hands? don't really like the orange.

and on a non-clock concern, any way to cut out the center of the phone dials and drill to accommodate the rims from a three piece wheel? i would love a set of 17" phone dials!!!! i'm sure it's tougher than it sounds but i'm sure it's possible.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Raticosa,

First off I am not an expert, but I don't think you could create a 17 inch phone dial by cutting out the center. I know you can do it with Fuchs, but Fuchs are Forged and have strong thinner walls. The Phone Dials are cast, and quite a bit thicker.

Free bump to a cool concept of making a clock out of old wheels.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Hey there,
I do have different style hands. In the early days I was limited in hand size and style. Lots more styles these days and larger hands seems what people want. If it going to be a clock, lets know it from across the room with large orange hands.
I only paint the hands orange to look like the Porsche speedo. I painted them red in the past. What color would you want them ?

I would have to agree with klaus, I do not think the phone dial would work in a 3 piece application. But, post this question on the 911 board, Im sure should know someone that would know if its possible.

btw - a Phone Dial Porsche wheel clock would look great in your garage...think about it. I'll even assemble it the way it is and you can refinish or leave as is.

Let me know,
Don
Old 02-07-2012, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

whats a D90 look like ??

I have 911 fuchs 14, 15, & 16in, a turbo 996, boxster, phone dial, and last but not least a 914 mahle..

thats about it.... they are getting to the point they are way too much $$$$ to cut up... Once this pile of wheels are made into clocks, that will be it....
Old 02-07-2012, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Oops, guess I should know what a D90 wheel looks like. I had them on my 964 when I first bought it.
I just did a D90 wheel at Christmas for a local 964 owner.... As a matter of fact I still have a D90 wheel left, cut and ready to be re/finished....think about it ?
Old 02-07-2012, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

How much for just the clock kit,if I already have the wheel?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

pm sent
Old 02-08-2012, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Andrew Gawers' Dad

Where are you buying you hands and sweep from? Is it local or on-line? I have a busted rim I'm going to cut up and make a clock. You can PM me the details, as I don't want to take away business from you. If I didn't already have a busted rim, and a band-saw I would buy yours. You do have them at a great price, and they look great. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I can also make a clock out of this Design 90 wheel.
Don
Old 02-09-2012, 09:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Clock Kit - Road Time - Know when it is.....

$100 bucks, Plus $15.00 shipping...

Youd get the following..

factory Porsche wheel in need of refinishing (one of the three above / not fuchs)
wheel cut
wall hanger
center cap
used Porsche crest - cracked but perfect for clock
Polished lugs
Clock
Painted orange Hands
valve stem / chrome cap

You supply wheel refinishing, silicone to glue on lugs and center cap.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Happy Birthday Jackson !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKSON !!!
Enjoy the wheel clock kit !!

Don
Old 02-21-2012, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: