Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTB-3" turbo down pipe and cat-delete

I'm looking to upgrade to a full 3" exhaust on my 951. Ideally I'd find a downpipe and test pipe, then weld on a 3" straight section back to my factory muffler. If the downpipe had a 4 bolt flange to mate with my Garrett it would sweeten the deal. Otherwise I can weld on my own flange.

If you've got something around let me know. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
what are you looking to pay? I am about to remove and replace the turbo-back exhaust on my 968 turbo. It was a little banged up from a lawn mowing event. The SFR downpipe is perfect, and the pipe from the downpipe to the testpipe is in pretty good shape, with one little dent. its a Lindsey 4" system though. Ill take pics of the damages when removed but its definately workable...it would make it more affordable for a project?
Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Garage Helper

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocacolakidd
I have a used coated 3" cat delete 3 bolt flange by 3 bolt flange pipe that mates to the front 3" off turbo exhaust - use the short 4 bolt x 3 bolt curved section (Short curved pipe 4 bolt by 3 bolt) directly off the turbo and it all bolts up for a 3" system (So from your 3" long pipe from muffler forward this is a cat delete complete forwards)...Used but in good condition (No dents or abuse). The off section on the right for the waste gate is cut so it will need a flange or so to connect to the waste gate outlet ...

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Also let me know if you need pics...

Ed
nushi.com@gmail.com
Pedal to the metal till you see the gates of hell then brake
NLA - No longer available is a four letter word
Old 02-29-2012, 03:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Can you post pics of that cola? I might be interested if the OP isn't
Old 02-29-2012, 04:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Garage Helper

Garage
I will post pics later today - I have to get to the shop and we are in the middle of a winter storm white-out. I was on vacation but I will get in there and post some pics...
Old 02-29-2012, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by very~worn~944 View Post
what are you looking to pay? I am about to remove and replace the turbo-back exhaust on my 968 turbo. It was a little banged up from a lawn mowing event. The SFR downpipe is perfect, and the pipe from the downpipe to the testpipe is in pretty good shape, with one little dent. its a Lindsey 4" system though. Ill take pics of the damages when removed but its definately workable...it would make it more affordable for a project?
You've got a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolakid View Post
I have a used coated 3" cat delete 3 bolt flange by 3 bolt flange pipe that mates to the front 3" off turbo exhaust - use the short 4 bolt x 3 bolt curved section (Short curved pipe 4 bolt by 3 bolt) directly off the turbo and it all bolts up for a 3" system (So from your 3" long pipe from muffler forward this is a cat delete complete forwards)...Used but in good condition (No dents or abuse). The off section on the right for the waste gate is cut so it will need a flange or so to connect to the waste gate outlet ...

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Also let me know if you need pics...

Ed
nushi.com@gmail.com
You've got email.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage Helper

Garage
This is the 3" system I mentioned the other day. I looked, and looked, for all three pieces but could only find these two (Cat back 3" and Cat Delete/Test pipe). The front of the system, the part that connects to the Turbo down pipe and to the Waste Gate off pipe, one of the fellows thought it was junk and threw it out a year or so back - So it's just these two pieces -

I thought it was coated but it is not, also I didn't remember there was a dent in the muffler until I saw it once more. It is not a bad dent and does not effect the operation of the muffler - mostly the pipes look good and are very sturdy.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Can't quite make out the flange on the cat delete pipe there.. can you do a closeup? Also what muffler is that?

Last edited by cameronkame; 03-01-2012 at 01:52 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Garage Helper

Garage
All flanges on both are three bolt 3" standard triangular.

The brand name on the muffler is not marked, so I'm no longer sure what the brand is. I do remember the sound as deep throated, and slightly louder than an OEM muffler. As far as muffler quality, I'm the type to never cheap out when it comes to my Porsches, so the muffler will be of top quality.

Last edited by Cocacolakidd; 03-01-2012 at 02:16 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: