Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
944 Note for sale

Just found this note on ebay...cost me $25.
First $50 takes it (Free shipping). Be the only one on the planet with this one - trust me, you won't find this one in your wallet. First person to post a response here (and then send me the cash) is a winner!

MB

Last edited by WhiteHorseAuto; 03-05-2012 at 04:43 AM..
Old 03-05-2012, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'll give you a dollar for it. ;-)
Old 03-05-2012, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
You do realize that there will be a lot more "00000944" 's, right? Those letters before and after change, starting the numeral sequence over again...

1973 AMC Javelin 360 Project
1986 Porsche 944 PCA AutoX
2006 Mazda5 Daily Driver
Old 03-05-2012, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
so you bought it for $25 as an investment and thought you would get $50 for a $1 dollar bill..I see it as a $49 waste of money...and with only 1 post on here..what criminals won't do next..get rid of this guy
Old 03-05-2012, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
GorillaFoot

Oh, cool! Let me know when you find a "951" dollar bill!

I'll pay you a dollar for it!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
No worries guys. There will actually be 12 2009 Series $1 notes printed this particular serial # as the 944th note - one for each of the 12 FED Reserve banks. POSSIBLY 24 of them if they run another series for each of the FED's which they normally don't do before a change is made which takes too long to go into here.

If no one wants it here, it will appreciate simply because it is a three digit serial note. I just thought it was a cool thing, and if I had a 944 I would buy it, but apparently that isn't the case - no harm no foul.

Good God, harsh crowd over here...back to Fchat - LOL!

MB

Last edited by WhiteHorseAuto; 03-05-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by P944GUY View Post
so you bought it for $25 as an investment and thought you would get $50 for a $1 dollar bill..I see it as a $49 waste of money...and with only 1 post on here..what criminals won't do next..get rid of this guy
Hey p944 guy, I check out this site a lot as I am (or at least was) thinking of adding a P-car to my stable alongside my Ferrari 308QV, but with dicks like you over here, it's a wonder more people don't stay away from the marque for the fact that when I come on here to offer what I think is a really interesting note, I get thrashed.

Let me help your obtuse ass with another link or two that will show you how reasonably priced $50 really is...

http://www.kyzivatcurrency.com/scan.cfm?Mcatid=60&itmId=5666

http://www.kyzivatcurrency.com/scan.cfm?Mcatid=60&itmId=6932

I simply came over here to offer what I found would be part of a collection for someone who wanted a note for someone and owned a 944. If you guys don't want it, what the **** ever. I just thought it was cool, and I assure you in about 10 years it will be worth a hell of a lot more than $50.

I didn't expect that any of you collected notes and the sarcasm from some of you other guys was actually making me chuckle, but you are a serious dick. Let's hope you are not representative of all the guys over here; maybe the 911 crowd is a little more welcoming.

Have a great day.

MB

Last edited by WhiteHorseAuto; 03-05-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Garage Helper

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocacolakidd
Sorry, don't go away mad - Just go away...

Plus if you gave $24.00 for a $1.00 note, I have a bridge for sale cheap.
Pedal to the metal till you see the gates of hell then brake
NLA - No longer available is a four letter word

Last edited by Cocacolakidd; 03-05-2012 at 02:39 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I made the mistake of poking fun of a post a while back and
It turned ugly! Point being anyone can post whatever here as
Long as you play by the guide lines. Read the one about
BEING KIND! If you don't want to buy it, don't reply and it will fall
Off the page! Leaves more room for part sellers!!!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaFoot View Post
Oh, cool! Let me know when you find a "951" dollar bill!

I'll pay you a dollar for it!
I'll up G-foot to $1.59!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
K-dollar, I don't care if people poke fun, as I mentioned the first few guys actually had me chuckling.

It's just the personal attack that pissed me off. I spend a great deal of time on this site, and although I haven't posted until recently, it was with true good intent that I did.

Apparently the new posters didn't click on the links either so don't realize that $50 is more than a fair price for the note. Again, not a big deal, but it is also apparent from the responses that the "next generation" that posts on this site are a bunch of winners.

The only mistake I made here was not knowing better. My mistake. I guess I am used to the guys on Ferrari chat and not this group. Something similar happened on a BMW site a long time ago and some of the jackhammers over there thought I was some kid trying to f -with them. Turns out I am a 43 year old Naval Officer (who also happens to run an exotic auto transport company) that thought some of you guys might like a 944 note.

I guess not. In any case, I have no plans on going away, but clearly will stand clear of the 944 crowd, which continues to impress....who I don't know, but I am sure they impress themselves I suppose.

Best,
MB

Last edited by WhiteHorseAuto; 03-05-2012 at 04:52 PM..
Old 03-05-2012, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
GorillaFoot

Back off Mike! That 951 bill is mine!

I'm bumping my offer toi $1.69!!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
GorillaFoot

Whitehorse- what did you expect? Some guy comes out of nowhere and is trying to sell a $1 bill for $50. That's absurd.

Maybe your Ferrari guys have so much money lying around, they think they are living in a Jay-Z video. So blowing $50 for a chance to get a 308, 328, 348 or 355 $1 bill to show their friends how little they think of money, is no big deal. I'm sure those guys are real classy, just like you.

Enjoy them.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Rocket Surgeon

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Pettybird
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHorseAuto View Post
Hey p944 guy, I check out this site a lot as I am (or at least was) thinking of adding a P-car to my stable alongside my Ferrari 308QV, but with dicks like you over here, it's a wonder more people don't stay away from the marque for the fact that when I come on here to offer what I think is a really interesting note, I get thrashed.

cry me a river.

what happens over at fchat when someone out of the blue shows up, tells you he bought something on ebay and then wants double? in the first post? i'm sure you all get together and sing his praises.

sincerely,

a dick with a porsh
Old 03-06-2012, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Wow, this thread is really getting out of hand. But is truly entertaining.

:grabs popcorn:!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Going faster all the time

Garage
"things are worth what people will pay."

I do appreciate the novelty of it. A German mark in the same year as someones 944 or 951 would be even cooler if they serialized as well. And obviously those are no more.

Just my two cents (haha)
Old 03-06-2012, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
GorillaFoot

Indeed, worth is a personal thing. It's also been said that a sucker is born every minute. There is investment speculation and then there is stupidity. Let's just say this is not the investment opportunity of a lifetime.

FYI- I have no credit debt, own my home outright, all three of my cars are paid for and I have an investment portfolio that is worth more than all of my tangible assets, combined. I did this partly out of good luck, but also by not making stupid investments.

I think Whitehorse and Winder should get together and start their own forum. They can converse back and forth about how special they are. Then 10 years from now, Whitehorse can sell all those $1 bills, he could not sell today, and buy himself a couple cheeseburgers.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Garage Helper

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocacolakidd
It's pretty close to insulting - So why not laugh it off.
Pedal to the metal till you see the gates of hell then brake
NLA - No longer available is a four letter word
Old 03-06-2012, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Glad we're all High School girls again. While we're at it, we may as well dissect this thread.

1.) Your first mistake was when you tried to sell something not Porsche related on a Porsche car forum.

2.) Second, you told us how much you paid for it...not a good business strategy.

3.) You realize we own 944's right? These cars break down so often, most of us can barely afford anything but gas and spare parts!

4.) The Ferrari 308QV.....isn't that like the Dino? I KID! I couldn't help myself on that one.

5.) This is me jumping to conclusions, but the fact that you can afford a Ferrari 308QV triggers the though "He's definitely not poor, but definitely not Bill Gates." So why would you buy the poor man's Porsche when you could get something with better performance from the P-car lineup. EDIT: You never said you wanted a 944. Probably a good thing.

6.) You own a Ferrari so everyone else in the world thinks you're a stuck up SOB who has small you know what.

And lastly, 7.) Most of us drive 944's because they are "budget sports/race cars." Key word being budget. I think one of the first rules of business is to know your audience.

Sorry we're all jerks, but to be completely honest, you aren't making a good case for the Ferrari crowd either. Good luck with your sale, doubt anyone over here will pay $50 for it, but there's always an exception.

Now everyone, back to class!

P.S.
If you guarantee, in writing, that in 10 years if it isn't worth more than $50 you will give me my money back, I will buy it.

Last edited by hopps; 03-06-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Old 03-06-2012, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopps View Post
Glad we're all High School girls again. While we're at it, we may as well dissect this thread.

1.) Your first mistake was when you tried to sell something not Porsche related on a Porsche car forum.

2.) Second, you told us how much you paid for it...not a good business strategy.

3.) You realize we own 944's right? These cars break down so often, most of us can barely afford anything but gas and spare parts!

4.) The Ferrari 308QV.....isn't that like the Dino? I KID! I couldn't help myself on that one.

5.) This is me jumping to conclusions, but the fact that you can afford a Ferrari 308QV triggers the though "He's definitely not poor, but definitely not Bill Gates." So why would you buy the poor man's Porsche when you could get something with better performance from the P-car lineup. EDIT: You never said you wanted a 944. Probably a good thing.

6.) You own a Ferrari so everyone else in the world thinks you're a stuck up SOB who has small you know what.

And lastly, 7.) Most of us drive 944's because they are "budget sports/race cars." Key word being budget. I think one of the first rules of business is to know your audience.

Sorry we're all jerks, but to be completely honest, you aren't making a good case for the Ferrari crowd either. Good luck with your sale, doubt anyone over here will pay $50 for it, but there's always an exception.

Now everyone, back to class!

P.S.
If you guarantee, in writing, that in 10 years if it isn't worth more than $50 you will give me my money back, I will buy it.
LOL, now that is funny stuff and a great post. As I previously mentioned, I understand why I am getting the sarcastic reactions and they made me laugh, as did your post here...I have no problem with that kind of reaction at all.

Fact is, not having posted here, I completely get why the reaction would be sarcastic and that's ok. What I didn't appreciate was the remarks about banning me from the forum and that type of garbage. Actually, some other guys have sold notes over there on Fchat for 355's etc., and although I agree that $50 is not $5, I guess I didn't expect people to throw a ****fit acting as if that was a "ton" of money. I can't help that some might feel as if it is a lot of money for a $1 note, which is why I provided the links to show you that most of them in this condition are worth significantly more.

I guess if everyone in the world thinks that Ferrari owners are stuck up and have small peckers, than you don't want to know what people think of P-car owners...if the previous poster has everything paid off (which I am sure he does as many of us do) than paying $50 for a note that is already undervalued as I showed you all with the links actually might be worth owning BUT the reason I put it on here was not as an "INVESTMENT"; I put it on here because I thought someone who owned a 944 would think it was cool to own. You accurately pointed out why that isn't the case - understood - know my audience - concur.

"not Porsche related" is in the eyes of the beholder, but again, on the fchat forums, you are correct, it would have (and has - by other members not me) received a completely different view.

No big deal, again, sorry I posted it and we will all just carry on having all learned a few things here...and leave it at that.

MB

P.S. I can only hope the 308QV is like the Dino as they were written off as not being "real" Ferrari's less than a decade ago, and now they are worth a wee bit more than my 308...(Couldn't help myself either )

Last edited by WhiteHorseAuto; 03-06-2012 at 10:54 AM..
Old 03-06-2012, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: