Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1978 Porsche 924 Parts, Engine, Trans, Wheels, EVerything!

I am thinking about parting out my 1978 Porsche 924. I have not made a final decision but would like to post a list of items and pictures up here to see what the response is before I decide to part verse selling as a whole car. The car runs, currently I am waiting on a rebuilt master cylinder to come in Tuesday and I will hopefully have it back on the road. I have to get rid of it (found out I am going to be a daddy and the car seat does not fit right in the back....). I am thinking that parting it out might net me as much money as just selling it and I would be hopefully helping some of you guys out. The car has been parked and off the ground for several months due to brake issues, I have replaced almost the entire brake system.

List of parts that I have put my hands on working on it and can vouch personally for the condition of

Clutch - Brand new, less than 200 miles on it and resurfaced flywheel at same time
Engine - Runs fine
Transmission - Shifts fine
Front Seats - Black leather, in MINT PERFECT condition. I mean no wear, no sun spots, no tears, nothing rough, perfect condition, you would be hardpressed to tell these suckers werent coming out of plastic wrap
4 original rims - In fine condition, not shiny and new but I have not spent time cleaning them, no dings just some scratches.
Master Cylinder - Will arrive from autozone on Tuesday, can include the receipt for it
Drums and Rotors - Resurfaced less than 200 miles ago, New wheel cylinders and bearings and the whole deal have been put on.
Calipers (front) - Remanufactured from auto atlanta 0 miles on them
Fuel pump - Functions fine, will throw in a brand new fuel filter (still in box) if you buy this
Glass - All the glass on this car is intact with no major scratches or dings.
Flip down mirror (driver and passenger side) - In great condition has the little slide thing that covers the mirrors and the glass on them is in good condition no scratches
Roof piece (sunroof thing) - the piece its-self is in okay condition but the paint is pretty crappy
All latches and locks - Work fine, could pull all latches and locks and ignition and sell with the key if wanted
Alternator - Functions fine
Radiator - Functions fine
Ignition - Functions fine
Plug wires - pretty close to new, would have to check what brand
Exhaust system - Seemed fine when we dropped it all to do the clutch job.
Inside door panels - good to great shape, not tears no wear, might be a couple scratches on the drivers side panel that are noticable but nothing bad.
Spare tire set - Original full sized rim, and what I believe to be the original tire iron and jack
Taillights and Turn signals - Most are in great condition, 2 I believe have cracks in them but function fine.
Starter - Functions fine
Steering Wheel - I am looking for the porsche emblem that goes on it, other than that in fine condition
All Gauges - Function fine, no scratches or cracks or anything in the glass, they look good
Dust covers or whatever they are called for the wheels - In good condition
Brake pads and shoes are new (They are on the car but have 0 miles on them). Have another set of pads that are in great shape as well I believe).

I believe I have all badges, and I have the keyring that came originally I believe
I believe the AC compressor works (I have AC so I assume it works).
Fuel distributor seems to work (it runs and drives).
Door mirrors - Passenger side is fine, Drivers side is in good condition but whatever holds it up (idk what the inside of those things looks like) is a little off and so you adjust it and it slowly falls down when your driving due to vibration.
Clock appears to work, it deff ticks, you can hear it
All electronics work
All the carpet is there, I have not vacumed it in a long time and I can tell you its not in great condition, however its not torn or ripped that I can tell so if you need the whole carpet I could get it out.

Everything else that would come on this car. This is not a parts car right now, it has everything on it and is not missing any pieces. Feel free to post a message in here requesting pics for anything above or anything not listed and I should be able to get pics up within 48 hours (over the next week). PM me if you want to make a tennative offer on something, if there is good interest and I feel that I can get most of my money back out of this car by parting then I will begin disassembly in a couple weeks. If I do that I will ensure that some (Reputable) member on here has a copy of my drivers license and I will be taking paypal or personal checks (for most items if you have quite a few posts), I figure if a 50 dollar check bounces then they will hear about it on here...Im a pretty trusting guy, don't abuse it please

TLDR - Post requesting an item and pics if you want, pm me with a price your willing to pay, I will make a decision within 2 weeks on if I am selling this car. This is currently not a parts car and I am hoping to take it out for a spin tuesday, that means this car is complete, if you are thinking about wanting one and want to make an offer on the whole car that is fine too, if not let me know what parts you need.

I am located in Rock Hill, SC, and could work on getting parts to people without shipping from Charleston, SC to up towards the Raleigh area.

PM me for my phone number if you have questions and I can talk you through what the part looks like or anything like that.

I will continue to update the post as I think of more items. When you request pictures check back because I will quote your post and place pictures in the post of the item you are wanting to see.

Last edited by rialaigh; 03-12-2012 at 06:44 AM..
Old 03-10-2012, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

[IMG] adult image hosting[/IMG]

[IMG] upload images[/IMG]

[IMG] image hosting jpeg[/IMG]

[IMG]
image hosting gif[/IMG]

[IMG] jpg image hosting[/IMG]

[IMG] image hosting jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] image hosting gif[/IMG]

[IMG] png image hosting[/IMG]

[IMG] free image hosting[/IMG]

The images of the seats dont do them justice, they are in mint condition. Request pics of parts and I will take them of the part you want.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Also I do not know why those links are popping up with the images...if someone can let me know what to do to fix that...
Old 03-11-2012, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
77 924..clinton twp. mi.

Garage
where is the car..(where do u live.)..???..state ...city...???
Old 03-11-2012, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old 924 View Post
where is the car..(where do u live.)..???..state ...city...???
Car is located in Rock Hill, SC, It is very close to Charlotte NC
Old 03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Bump ~

Have people interested in the seats, the badges and keyring, the center tailight,

The whole rest of the car is still out there to be had
Old 03-13-2012, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: