Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
WTB rear fuel lines

I went to go replace my fuel filter only to find everything down there is rusted to hell. I don't want to try to take it apart without replacement parts because if I break something I lose my daily driver, and I can only find bits and pieces for sale new here and other sites for some serious $$. Can someone sell me all of this stuff? I need everything from the outlet on the fuel filter to the hard line connection.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I prob have what you need....Just starting to part out my 86 turbo...Let me know if you are still looking...Thanks
Old 03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

skyhawk- Post your city next to your user name so we can see if you are close enough to help. Shipping fuel lines long distance is tricky unless they are short pieces.

Part of the problem is these lines run under the rear suspension, which means dropping the whole torsion bar tube assy to get the lines out & the new ones back in place.

I have Metric flare fittings which may help by allowing you to substitute hose in certain places. I use these for my "944 Fuel Hose Fix" up front where the permanent hose to the fuel rail dries out, gets hard & brittle & ultimately leaks. I don't have a photo of the actual fitting, but here is one of the Fix at the front right fenderwell..........

Its the same procedure but done at the rear of the car. The metal line is cut, my fitting is slipped over and the line is flared. Once done I provide a crimped hose (photo above) of the length needed to make a proper repair. Everything is metric so there is no mismatch of fittings.

Len at Autosportengineering dot com

Old 03-16-2012, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Len makes a good product. I haven't fired up my car yet since installing his jumper line, but it looks to be a quality piece.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Oh damn, so you're saying I can't get to the fitting after the fuel filter? Maybe I'll take my chances with these lines. I do plan on replacing the ones on the front of the car though. BTW your website is nice but it could use some work, no offense
Old 03-16-2012, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: