Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Ripped off by member Ksudar. Buyer Beware!

I hate to have to post this, but I feel I need to. I bought a rebuilt head in 'good working condition' or so I thought, with only 5,000 miles on it from ksudar, a member here. Buyer beware! Here is word for word what he said...

"I have a 951 head that I had freshened up, and I only put around 5k miles on it after the refresh. It was decked, valves ground, checked for cracks, and they installed new valve stem seals. The ceramics are all good, no chips. I was looking to get $300 for it (I paid $500 for the refresh). I took the head to a local shop that was recommended on here and told them to do a full refresh. So I assumed that they checked everything out and would have replaced any parts that were worn. There was a broken exhaust stud, which they fixed with a timesert. I didn't have any leaks at all, the head and cam tower gaskets sealed up fine. I just decided to swap an LS1 in and no one wanted to buy the whole engine, so I decided to part it out."

I've bought and sold lots of parts from members here with no issues until now. I just asked him for a refund and told him that I will ship the head back in the same condition I received it in but he won't do it. He's just blowing me off. So I had to file a claim on PayPal. He said "what if you send me back a different head"? Well since the picture below is the reason I was buying a head in the first place I'm pretty sure you'll notice a broken off tap in the exhaust stud hole!

Here are some pictures from when I took the head out of the box.

I was a little suspicious when one of the valves had a lot more carbon on it than the others. There was also black soot all over that same exhaust port where the exhaust manifold bolts up. Here are some pictures from when I took the head out of the box.

I took my car to a really good local shop. These guys have been working on and 944 Turbos since '86. They had the head checked out by the machine shop and the head was overheated and not holding vacuum. It was warped top and bottom as well as the valve seats being distorted from the warp. They did a vacuum test on the ports and it doesn't hold vacuum. Not to mention 2 of the exhaust valves are screwed. I called the machine shop myself yesterday to get the details and emailed them to Supes6, no response...

I mean, if you sell something that's not as advertised, even if you didn't realize it, just take it back! It's not that big of a deal. Don't try to rip people off and argue with them about it.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: