Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTB: 968 Spoiler trim moulding

Hey everyone I'm looking for the spoiler trim mouldings on the 968, both driver side and passenger side.

Thanks,
Old 05-09-2012, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Sunset Porsche in Oregeon, has best prices in country for OEM porsche parts. The 968 hatches are rare and worth lots so no one parts them out. Best bet is buy new moulding and rubber gaskets that go underneath. There has been lots of discussion on the stock 968 and '91 S2 hatches having the metal studs pull out of the factory glue after 20 years of time. I have reglued them with 3M polyurethane 2 part epoxy. It stays a touch flexible but dries fast and is very strong. As the cheap 2 part epoxy from hardware store lasts about a week before they pull off and you have to re-do.
'83 944 ROW zermatt silver/black, sunroof & A/C factory deleted, houndstooth sport seats, 7Q - 220 LSD short fifth, F & R 23.3 MM 951 M030 suspension, 16" fuch's, manual windows, club sport mirrors, Blk/Wht gauges, rear seats & all sound deadening removed, 968 rear wing, fiberglass hood & 937 F bumper
Old 05-10-2012, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
This seems to be a recurring issue for me also. I replaced my spoiler trim with new pieces from sunset and already am having the studs pull off after trying carefully not to overtighten them.

CommDiver, Is this the product that you recommend?

Scotch-Weld™ Urethane Adhesive DP604NS Black, 50 mL Syringe
3M

It's listed as urethane rather than polyurethane and it's not considered an epoxy but is a two-part adhesive. I want to make sure I get the correct stuff.

Thanks
Phil
Old 05-11-2012, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
What you have above is more of a industrial construction adhesive and not made for automotive use. These are from there automotive line of adhesives below, and its what the pro auto body shops use and most suppliers carry.

Duramix Plastic Repair Semi-Rigid - 04240 | eBay

3M

I used the top one as I purchased from a local Dupont supply auto body store. They recommended as it is non shrinking, doesnt get rock hard and is a very proffesional grade autobody product. I tried other stuff and had to re-do, but once I removed all my tabs, sanded both metal stud backers and the 968 fiberglass trim with 80 grit sandpaper and used this stuff they have held and are all still holding 2 years later.
'83 944 ROW zermatt silver/black, sunroof & A/C factory deleted, houndstooth sport seats, 7Q - 220 LSD short fifth, F & R 23.3 MM 951 M030 suspension, 16" fuch's, manual windows, club sport mirrors, Blk/Wht gauges, rear seats & all sound deadening removed, 968 rear wing, fiberglass hood & 937 F bumper
Old 05-11-2012, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: