Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTB: 951 nose panel; 931 nose panel/section; can be rough

EDIT: Looks like I might be good to go on these parts--will edit this if that changes.

Last edited by 70SWT; 08-12-2012 at 05:52 AM..
Old 07-28-2012, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

So im not sure of the numbers but there is a 924 turbo with the vents between the head lights in a local wrecking yard. Is that the part you are looking for? Its a you pull. What should they sell for?

I could grap it and ship it for cost if your intrested.

jcl
Old 07-28-2012, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Garage Helper

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocacolakidd
Hello,

Usually those 931 Vent Panels are so rare they are very hard to find. If you do find one usually go for big bucks - cut one?? NEVER...you may never see another.

The plastic grill inserts are also very rare and NLA (No Longer Available). Last set that was useable I saw about 5 years ago went for $100.00 for the set of four used, and they were snapped up within an hour here on Pelican.

The 931 vented front panels are tack welded on so you will need to drill the tack welds to get it off.

Just my .02 cents...

Have pfun.
Pedal to the metal till you see the gates of hell then brake
NLA - No longer available is a four letter word
Old 07-29-2012, 12:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914622 View Post
So im not sure of the numbers but there is a 924 turbo with the vents between the head lights in a local wrecking yard. Is that the part you are looking for? Its a you pull. What should they sell for?

I could grap it and ship it for cost if your intrested.

jcl
Sounds good--PM me your contact info. Thanks, Al
Old 07-29-2012, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Why do people feel they need to turn any thread into a biased tutorial? Thanks for interjecting non-helpful information into my thread that potentially interferes with my project. If you wish to pay $100, $1000 or whatever for 931 parts, please keep it to yourself, or save the commentary for the technical forums/off topic forums.

Removing a 931 panel in its entirety is a major job and pointless it if it is mangled, rusted out, etc., other than the vent area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocacolakidd View Post
Hello,

Usually those 931 Vent Panels are so rare they are very hard to find. If you do find one usually go for big bucks - cut one?? NEVER...you may never see another.

The plastic grill inserts are also very rare and NLA (No Longer Available). Last set that was useable I saw about 5 years ago went for $100.00 for the set of four used, and they were snapped up within an hour here on Pelican.

The 931 vented front panels are tack welded on so you will need to drill the tack welds to get it off.

Just my .02 cents...

Have pfun.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Garage Helper

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocacolakidd
There again if the panel is in perfect condition but the owner of a saw is in a hurry there goes a rare Porsche part that will never again be useable.

I have a brand new nose panel (called a Front Plate by Porsche) for a 931, still in factory primer, includes four (4) plastic grills, also new. It will stay new until someone needs it for a restoration project because some idiot cut a big hole in an original rare part....

Our cars day by day are getting fewer and fewer because some people want to tear them up and part them out - I've seen perfectly good running cars being parted because someone thought they were worth more as parts.

Say what you will, but I will defend the restoration of a useable car or useable part just to keep them on the road.
Pedal to the metal till you see the gates of hell then brake
NLA - No longer available is a four letter word
Old 07-29-2012, 09:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I have a 951 nose panel if you still need one.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Got it. Great condition parts and cars should ideally be preserved. I agree. Rough ones don't need to be. Please take further discussion on this topic to a new thread of your own if you like, and out of my classified ad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocacolakidd View Post
There again if the panel is in perfect condition but the owner of a saw is in a hurry there goes a rare Porsche part that will never again be useable.

I have a brand new nose panel (called a Front Plate by Porsche) for a 931, still in factory primer, includes four (4) plastic grills, also new. It will stay new until someone needs it for a restoration project because some idiot cut a big hole in an original rare part....

Our cars day by day are getting fewer and fewer because some people want to tear them up and part them out - I've seen perfectly good running cars being parted because someone thought they were worth more as parts.

Say what you will, but I will defend the restoration of a useable car or useable part just to keep them on the road.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I ran by the yard today and someone allread got the front grill.

sorry.

jcl
Old 07-30-2012, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
I have a 931 turbo nose panel and all 4 vents...it's not going cheap though..$500..vents are excellent and panel needs paint, but already stripped...if interested will send you a picture...Jeff
Old 07-31-2012, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I have a perfect 951 Slate Grey Met nose panel..pm if interested with an offer.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

parting out a complete running and driving 1986 944 turbo if any of these parts will work for you let me know and make me an offer on what it is you might need.
thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Hey It wasn't gone they just reorganized there yard, and had moved it.

Still interested? pm me and ill find out shipping, i have big pic of as well

jcl
Old 08-12-2012, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

All the welds were drilled
Old 08-12-2012, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Loaded it on the 3 legged mule heading east this morning!

hope it work for you.

Thanks jcl
Old 08-17-2012, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: