Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Feeler: 16v S Lifters, not INA brand

Hey guys,

Will be tearing things apart and removing my cams to change some lifters. The which lifter to use debate has been beaten like a dead horse so I'm not trying to start that up again. My options are:

1) Buy new regular VW INA lifters, (034 109 309 AD), to replace the broken ones.

2) Replace all lifters, with the lightweight INA VW/Audi lifters that many 928 users are using without issues.

Seeing as how the price difference between the two options would be a few hundred dollars, I would rather not spend that right now and decide on option 2. Since I already spent LOTS having the head rebuilt, and am already having to change lifters.

HOWEVER, if there is anybody who would be interested in purchasing my functioning Porsche lifters, I would have the means to replace ALL my lifters with option 2. If nobody is buying at the moment, I will be only replacing my malfunction lifters with the 10$ VW ones.

Sorry for the length! As for cost per lifter, I was thinking in the 10 - 15$ range? If my pricing is way off feel free to make a note.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Update:

Purchased all new lifters. Will begin the teardown monday while waiting for new lifters. If anybody is looking for 16v porsche lifters just let men know.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Good call. I got all new VW lifters (034 109 309 AD) For my 16V and they work great.

Also have the old lifters, so between us we should have a full working set of original lifters, for anyone interested hehe.

instagram @mhariush @technikercompany
http://stores.ebay.com/Techniker-Parts/
Old 09-20-2012, 10:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Agreed! Anyone looking to buy let us know. And another happy VW lifter buyer. I bought the lightweight ones from Roger at 928rus. He said himself, Greg Brown, and many of the 928 guys use them and have no issues. I'm not sure where the INA issues came about.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: