Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Broken rear hatch glass

I have a 1983 944 N/A.
The glass was broken when I purchased the car and is completely missing from the rear hatch. I have only owned this car for a short while and it is my first 944, hence I am unsure about how to fix this problem.

Should I try and replace just the glass or should I be looking for the entire piece?
I will be paying out of pocket for this so cost is important and I would like to get it used.

There are 2 wires, one on each side, that were connected to the glass. I'm assuming they were for the defroster?

If anyone has a used hatch w/glass in good condition I would definitely be interested.

Any recommendations as to how to proceed, where to purchase a used one, or what to be careful of, would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking
Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Yes, definitely replace the whole assembly. You can change just the glass, but it's a total PITA. I've got two of them. One without the third brake light (which is what yours should have) and one with (if you wanted to add a third brake light). The one without could stand to be resealed at the top, but that's easy to do while it's off. I'll take $150 each for them, but I'm in Southern Indiana.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Smile

Hey 16vCorey,
Wow, I wasn't expecting to get such a positive response so quickly.
Mine does not have the rear brake light as you said.
I am going to send you a PM and we can continue discussing from there.
Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

For the most part, there are a good group of people here and they are always willing to help out a fellow Porsche guy..

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 10-15-2012, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

i have a hatch from a 1989 S2
it is in a nice wooden crate and ready to go
Old 10-16-2012, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I have acouple 1984 - 83 Miami lakes florida
Old 10-18-2012, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: