Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS - 944S rolling chassis

I have a 1987 944S rolling chassis for sale.

I got the car with the intention of going through it and rebuilding it into a track car. Unfortunately, I now live and work 100 miles away from where I am keeping the car. I don't have time to finish the car. The engine and transaxle are currently out of the car, and will be available for sale soon.

Please keep in mind that I spent a significant amount of money on the car. I am not trying to profit from it - in fact, I will probably take somewhat of a loss.

I am asking $250 for the rolling chassis. I am losing my storage space (my father wants his barn less cluttered) and just need it gone. For that, you get:

-Shell with clean Massachusetts title, signed by me. Should you want to re-register it, I am not sure how that would work, as I never registered it. I will sign a bill of sale, and help you in any reasonable way I can.
-New (0 mile) master and slave clutch cylinders and slave cylinder hose.
-Four 16" phone dial wheels. I don't recall the wheel widths - whether or not they are staggered. Tires are mixed brands and not recommended for use. One was bent, and I am including the replacement wheel I bought.
-Torque tube rebuilt to Clark's Garage specifications. I had a new set of Delrin bushings made when I installed the bearings.
-Complete carpet set. Most of the carpet is in fair condition. The driver's side vinyl heel rest is torn.
-The car had broken windows. I bought two windows and installed one.
-Porsche script exterior door handles.
-Rear hatch that does not appear to be delaminating. Car was stored in a dry barn, so I am not positive that it is watertight.
-Power steering rack and pump. I recommend that both be cleaned and resealed. I dislike power racks, and bought a manual rack for it. Manual rack not included.
-HVAC fan and controller in unknown condition. Never tried using it.
-Instrument cluster, not sure if odometer works.
-Replacement fender in flat black. Needs rust repair at bottom of fender, where 944 fenders typically get hit by sand and pebbles.
-944S 5/33 brake bias valve (desirable upgrade that boosts braking pressure to the rear brakes, costs $100 for the valve for your NA)
-944S/944S2 ignition module. Car yard drove before I took it apart, so I expect this to be usable.
-Axle halfshafts. I have a record from the PO indicating they were changed, but cannot guarantee that they are low mileage. I would recommend regreasing and installing new boots.
-Passenger sport seat, needs reupholstery and recommend new center and bottom cushions. Really not usable as is.
-Headlights, nose panel, and hardware
-Front valance that has seen better days
-To my knowledge, it has the complete set of relays.
-ABS pump and computer. I visually inspected the brake lines and did not find that anything was broken in the accident. Didn't drive the car fast enough to try the ABS.
-Brake calipers need to be rebuilt.

What it needs to be a complete car:

-Verbal, sight unseen estimate of $650 in frame repairs. This was done by my local body shop.
-Rust repair, mostly surface rust. There is one rust hole in the driver's side rocker panel, about 1/4" diameter.
-Paint
-Brake fluid reservoir. The nipple for the hose going to the master cylinder broke off.
-New brake pads and rotors. The ones on the car are in questionable condition.
-Tires
-Engine and transaxle. This could be a good candidate for a Chevy LS1/LT1, given that you don't have to remove the 944 engine.
-Recommend removing the aftermarket alarm. The car ran, so the wiring technically works, but I think aftermarket alarms tend to immobilize a car for no reason at the worst possible time.
-The dashboard has plenty of cracks and the drivers side seat was destroyed.
-A few interior pieces may be missing or unusable, such as the front climate control panel, the sunroof latches, etc.

I expect most people to see this and think it is best to part it or keep it as a spare parts car. The picture of the small tear in the fender well is the worst of the damage. That said, I approached it and performed all work as if I was to keep and track the car. I think it is a fixable track car.

Please note, the car does come with a hood. I do not have pictures of it available.

Pick up in eastern CT, an hour outside of Boston. I am not interested in parting it at this time. Sold as-is.

Last edited by yellowline; 10-25-2012 at 06:25 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Bump for people in the Northeast getting their power back.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
One apex at a time

Garage
I want this!!!!! I call dibs!!!!

You Have a PM

General Car Specs & Mods
Project Megasquirt 924s

Last edited by Dean924s; 11-03-2012 at 07:28 PM..
Old 11-03-2012, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

i wish you were parting this
Old 11-10-2012, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Let me know if your gonna sell the 16V engine. how much shipped to 33028
87 944na - Old Daily Driver, now 944 CUP
03 Chevy Avalanche- Support Vehicle
70 Olds 442 W30 Conv- Gone but not forgotten
http://www.diazracing.com
adiaz@diazracing.com
Old 11-16-2012, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Bump! This is still for sale!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

First off GLWS and I understand you do not want to part this out BUT..

If you decide to let some parts go off this let me know.. Im very interested in the strut mounts
Old 03-06-2013, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

interested in the car if its still for sale. Im in PA, what the address of the car so i could get an idea of the time/distance to pick it up/
thanks
Keith
psf350@hotmail.com
Old 03-10-2013, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

PM Sent.

Last edited by yellowline; 03-13-2013 at 06:39 AM..
Old 03-11-2013, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Weekend bump.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

do you have more pictures of damage im interested
but would like to see more pictures before i drive out there

thanks
Bill
bill@cagethis.com
617 771 5779
Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

manual rack?

you mentioned a manual rack not included, but do you have it FS separate?

thanks
DT
Old 03-22-2013, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagethis View Post
do you have more pictures of damage im interested
but would like to see more pictures before i drive out there

thanks
Bill
bill@cagethis.com
617 771 5779
I sent you an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damient View Post
you mentioned a manual rack not included, but do you have it FS separate?

thanks
DT
I sent you a PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

LAST CALL.

Make an offer before this weekend, I probably won't refuse it.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: