Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to sempaipaul
RARE! 3-piece AMP Porsche 18x8 & 10 lightweight rims! DIRT CHEAP! like speedlines/RH

Hello all,

Here is the deal... I had purchased these wheels approximately a year and a half ago with absolute intentions on refinishing them and putting them on my 2000 Carrera 996 c2 Convertible - - - however, life has taken some turns and I started the project and never got around to finishing it.

These are VERY rare and genuine 3 peice. Often compared to the Speedline and RH wheels as they look almost identical to some of their models. Also these look very similar to WORK Miester.

When I purchased the wheels and they looked like this. They were on a 928 (however, that offset is pretty much the same to a 987 Boxster, 996 Carrera --- I did test fit on my car). I don't have the ET numbers - however, if anyone is interested - I can absolutely measure the backspacing in inches or centimeters for easier conversion to mm for ET.

My plan for the wheels was to have a satin finish look lip and an Arctic Silver face (to match the Arctic Silver color of my 996). So - I took the wheels apart and started working on it. First step was to make sure that they are perfectly straight - two of the wheels had a tiny imperfection bend. I took the wheels and had all of the barrels looked through and the two slightly bent ones 110% straightened. From there I started stripping the finish. I was able to get the chrome off quite easily - however, the wheels need to be acid dipped still to have all the nickel stripped off. From there the wheels can be powdercoated.

All in all - I have over $1200 put into these bad boys.

I am looking to get $700 obo + shipping to get these out of my garage ASAP.

All that is left that you need to do is:
1. Get the centers dipped ~$50-100 dollars (I had a quote from a shop here in MD)
2. Get the centers powdercoated ~$25 each (Also had a quote from a contractor here in MD)
3. Polish the lips and the bolts
4. Re-assemble and enjoy your one of a kind wheels!

If interested. Please contact me. You can feel free to message me here, or text/call (301)twoseventwo - fivefive28

Thanks!
Paul
Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Some more pictures!

Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I wish to post an update. Last night I got my measuring tape out and re-measured the wheels. It runs out the front wheels are actually 9 inches wide (not 8 as stated in this listing) and the rear wheels are 10 & 3/4 inches wide.

The backspacing on the front wheels (from hub to the inner barrel/lip edge is 6 & 7/8 inches, and the backspacing on the rear wheels (from hub to the inner barrel/lip edge is 7 & 7/8 inches.

Thanks!
Paul

*** Also another item to note is I have only 3 center caps - however, these are standard size caps so new ones can e had from e-bay for $20-40 bucks)***
Old 01-19-2013, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I am tempted but heard that they need to be assembled by a expert shop is that true?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
1. Get the centers dipped ~$50-100 dollars (I had a quote from a shop here in MD)
Actually, you can skip this and just have the powder coater sand blast them (most good powder coaters, such as PowderTech-Plus, will do that anyways, as prep is very important) before coating.

Now, are you open to any trades, I kinda like these and they should work on the B&B 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartkilojba View Post
I am tempted but heard that they need to be assembled by a expert shop is that true?
Well, with a proper torque wrench, proper socket and Cross" pattern would be recommended upon assembly, you could do it yourself.

Good, quality RTV should be good enough to be used as a sealant on reassembly.
Make sure mating surfaces are clean!

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 01-19-2013, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Fellas - Sorry they are all SOLD!

Thanks again.

Paul
Old 01-19-2013, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: