Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Andrew Gawers' Dad

WTB: Porsche hood crest

Looking for a crest with good mounting studs. Other condition doesn't matter as it wil get blasted and painted. Let me know what you have, and how much shipped to CO 80917. The cheaper the better. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Wrench Therapy Inc.

Garage
CHICKS, I might have one in my extras box. I will check and see tomorrow. I can probably let it go cheap. PM me about lunch. I have a meeting until then. On the flip side, you possibly don't know where 4 early offset (23) phone dials are do you.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Andrew Gawers' Dad

Yeah, if you can let it go real cheap that would be nice. I'll PM you. No lead on the early offset phone dials, but I think they're the easiest to find. I'm sure some will pop up soon.

Anyone else have one cheap, just in case this one falls through? Josh B, Byron??

Last edited by CHICKS; 01-30-2013 at 07:27 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
I have the original crest from my 1983 944 if you want. It's in perfect condition physically and the studs are great etc, it's just HELLA faded! And the jewels got cracked off the car :/ but you don't care lol
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Andrew Gawers' Dad

Quote:
I have the original crest from my 1983 944 if you want. It's in perfect condition physically and the studs are great etc, it's just HELLA faded! And the jewels got cracked off the car :/ but you don't care lol
I would think you would be emotionally attached to it being your first Porsche and all? I have a buddy bringing one over today, if his doesn't work, what would you want for yours?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
That's true. Not sure, your undying gratitude? In a way it would be nice to know the crest was living on
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Andrew Gawers' Dad

Well he brought me one, it was bent in half at some point, so not the best.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
Gonna use it?
Old 01-31-2013, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Andrew Gawers' Dad

Gonna try, it's getting blasted tomorrow. I'll let you know how it looks.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Andrew Gawers' Dad

Blasted, and painted. No longer looking, and didn't have to pay $125 for the same look. FUCH 911 pricing! Thanks to all who offered me theirs!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Did you do the same to the plate frames you bought from me ? I would like to see how they turned out. This sure beats $125 for the same thing.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Andrew Gawers' Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinroydonal View Post
Did you do the same to the plate frames you bought from me ? I would like to see how they turned out. This sure beats $125 for the same thing.
No, I was saving the plate frames for a crusty 912 project I have planned, but that is a good idea. Maybe with the older colors like my avatar.... Yeah, came out good, no way could I justify $125 for a hood crest for a 944, ahahaha.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
1983 944 N/A

Garage
I really like the look of the emblem just bead blasted no color, might try it on my car.

Dr. F. Porsche Stuttgart
Old 02-02-2013, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Andrew Gawers' Dad

Quote:
I really like the look of the emblem just bead blasted no color, might try it on my car.
You're like the fifth person to say that, but it does look pretty cool.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: