Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

25 Year 944 Parts Collection for Sale

Well guys, sadly it has come to the point I must sell my 25+ year collection of 944 parts. My collection of cars will be sold separately. My wife's illness requires that I downsize to a smaller place and warmer location. Attached is a photos of part of my collection. A detailed list is available if there is an interested buyer. The market value the the parts is over $100,000. The asking price is $25,000. Most parts are for late 944's and turbos. There are a few parts for early cars. I have most every part for 944's including interior, engines, transmissions, body, suspension, etc.

I need to sell as a complete package if possible. I do not have time to sell individual parts, unless you can pick up in Cincinnati, OH. I am offering these parts on this forum first, then will do Ebay, etc. in March if necessary.

Thanks, Doug

Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Oh wow! Best of luck! I wish I could help you auction it all off. You deserve every penny. And here I was just looking for a tweeter grill...

Again, best of luck to you and your wife! Great collection
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
The market value the the parts is over $100,000....
What market is that? Last complete parts car I bought was for $500 in this market, your pictures really don't look like you have 200 cars worth of parts. GLWS
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Most of the parts don't look new either. I could imagine that for $25k you'd have a few brand new crate engines and a couple of LSD transmissions in the mix.

For $100k I'd imagine you to have at least 3 944 Turbos all showroom new with less than 50 miles on them.

Good luck with sale. Does the Shed/Property come with the parts?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Proprietoristicly Refined

Doug,

You might PM or email member George at 944 Ecology for information and suggestions.

how to remove clutch housing?help?

I hope it all works out for you.

J_AZ

PS Think AZ and not FL

Last edited by John_AZ; 01-31-2013 at 04:01 AM..
Old 01-31-2013, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Cheapmods & John_AZ. Thanks for the kind words and well wishes. My wife has had Alzheimer's for a few years and it has now progressed to where she need continuous care & supervision, so I can no longer spend hours in the garage repairing and rebuilding 944s'. Breaks my heart, but after 40 years of marriage, that is more important than cars.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

DW... is one of the nicest, and honest guys that I have every met in over 40 years of racing cars... he would never steer you wrong and has always been there for me and others in this Greater Cincinnati Area...when needed.
I'll come over and help you on anything you need... Doug.
Best wishes you will be missed... and the countless other Porsche lovers of 944's, 951's and 968's will suffer when you leave. Your collection, knowledge and wisdom of these porsche parts and cars is unmatched in the greater Tri-State area... (Ohio-Ind. and KY)! Any one that has ever met DW... know these words to be true.
Ron Kirby - R&R Performance Racing
Old 01-31-2013, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Good luck to you, and your wife. all things have a way of working out for those with true intentions. you are both very lucky to have each other .

Stay strong.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Good luck with your sale. 9ff and ibtisam.jawad some people know nothing about the value of anything and shout the loudest about nothing. DW, my heart goes out to you and your wife. To watch your loved one slowly drift away from you knowing there is nothing you can do must be the purest of agony. God Bless.

Larry
Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
I did not intend any offense to DW. I hope and pray for the best for him and his wife.

Sentiments aside, I was simply stating my opinion on the stated market value.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
DW, this is indeed a magnificent collection. I hope you find a buyer and I hope all works out for the best with your wife.

I must say seeing a collection such as this makes me want to ask if installation is included with any of the parts, but I know better. As the owner of two cars in constant need of maintenance I can only say a good network of qualified 944 mechanics is also important. I just hate the thought of paying the local goodyear guys $100 an hour to diagnose or repair a car as complicated as this. You can see the fear in their eyes as soon as you pull up to the door.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Wish I was closer to help out God bless you and your wife that takes courage
Old 01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
9ff ...some people know nothing about the value of anything and shout the loudest about nothing...Larry
Geez, have I offended you in any way? It's a classified post selling parts, all things aside, and I wish Doug and his wife all the best. But if he genuinely has $100k in parts at the current market value he should be getting $100k for them, not $25k.

I have a nice set of Fuchs, market value around $1k for a quick and easy sale. Please tell me why I would ever sell them for $250? It just doesn't make sense. Someone would snap them up make a quick $750.

Doug, if your inventory is really worth $100k, don't give it away. If you need help putting auctions up on eBay, email me the pics and descriptions and I'll start loading them up for you, I have spare time. If I was closer I'd help you pack & ship. GL

Last edited by 9FF; 01-31-2013 at 04:29 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Wow, The 944 community of guys has been great to me over the years. The support and kind words are overwhelming. A lot of you have reached out to me to help sell off the collection.
I know the price is undervalued, but I am selling my houses and am not in a position to be able to sell out the parts individually. Fortunately, I am not in a position where I have to sell the parts, but I don't really want them to just be stored away forever. Maybe I could go on Hoarders, American Pickers or Storage Wars!!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Banned

whats with the cars at bottom of spread sheet labeled atlanta, ect?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Doug has become a very good friend and a valuable asset to the maintenance of my cars. I have even bought cars off of him. He only lives about 5 miles from me so I have seen this amazing collection of parts. There has never been a time when I have called him, asked if he had a part, and he told me no. He has even had faster response times than AAA when I have been stranded on the side of the highway. Some of you have mentioned Doug's honesty and I will add that gentlemen like him are a rare breed. I take solace in know that there are still guys like him out there. Someone who will look at someone and say, " You know, I really don't think this is the right car for you. I would rather not sell it to you." (I have actually seen him do this to someone. You know, the guy who wants a Porsche because it's a Porsche. Not because he gets what is really involved with owning one.) Instead of taking the quick dollar. He really has everything there. The pictures don't do the collection justice. There are a few other storage rooms that aren't shown in the pictures still. Doug is the epitome of a 944 enthusiast. This is why I refuse to accept the fact that he will be moving. My wife even commented that now we have to move to where Doug is moving to because another house would be cheaper than paying Porsche service prices. If I had the storage space I would take that collection in a heartbeat, then piece it out to all off the naysayers on this sight and make a fortune (I would charge double to the rubes who have nothing but time to post unnecessary negative BS on here).
Old 02-01-2013, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandad#3 View Post
good luck with your sale. 9ff and ibtisam.jawad some people know nothing about the value of anything and shout the loudest about nothing. Dw, my heart goes out to you and your wife. To watch your loved one slowly drift away from you knowing there is nothing you can do must be the purest of agony. God bless.

Larry
+
15 981 GTS | 88 924S SE | 82 931 Holbert | 82 931 Rallye | 81 937 | 81 Euro 931 | 81 Weissach | 80 US 928 | 80 US 931 '941' | 80 US 931 | 80 931 GTR | 79 Sebring | 78 D-Prod Replica | 78 w/D-Prod kit | 78 Poli-Form | 78 Limited Edition | 77 Martini
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Do you have any right rear brake lines? I need the metal hard line that goes from the right rear caliper to the rubber brake line on top of the torsion bar housing.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

What year car?
Old 02-02-2013, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
It's for my 1988 NA. I think I may have found one, but if the deal falls through I'll check back with you.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
944 , 951 , parts , porsche