Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Urgent!!! Life or Death Situation!!! I Need a Brake line NOW!!!

I'm in dire need of the metal hard line that goes from the right rear caliper to the rubber line on top of the torsion bar housing. My car is a 1988 NA, so I need a brake line from a 87+ NA with the late offset. Turbo/S2 brake lines will not work. I'm not sure if 944S brake lines will work.

Please post here or PM me if you have one. I need this as soon as possible!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I can help. Have a few of them. Can get out Monday morn.
brian944turbo@att.net
Old 02-02-2013, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I'm just south of hagerstown.I just picked up a 87s if you pull it you can have it
Old 02-02-2013, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravesjeg View Post
I'm just south of hagerstown.I just picked up a 87s if you pull it you can have it
Sent you a PM
Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Anyone? I need this car back on the road! I hate bumming rides!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian944turbo View Post
I can help. Have a few of them. Can get out Monday morn.
brian944turbo@att.net
Brian has piles of these lines - have you tried him? I can vouch for him
Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Oops! I didn't realize he posted his email address. I PM'd him instead by accident. I'm sending you an email now!

Last edited by Chunkerz; 02-05-2013 at 01:45 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Bump. Not as urgent as before since my car doesn't run anymore, but I would still like a brake line...
Old 02-12-2013, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Andrew Gawers' Dad

Yeah I wouldn't buy a used brake line. Why haven't you bought from Porsche or pelican?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
They're $102+a billion dollars for shipping from Pelican since they're all the way in Germany. Why wouldn't you buy a used one? I'm looking for the metal hard line, not the rubber ones. Hard brake lines usually don't rot like the rubber ones, so a used one seems like it would be safe to buy.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Andrew Gawers' Dad

The metal ones rot/rust from the inside, the part you cant see. Shoot me a part number for the line you need, and I'll give you a price on a new one.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
According to Pelican, the part number is 951-355-036-02-OEM
Here's their page for it:
Pelican Parts - Product Information: 951-355-036-02-OEM

I'm reluctant to buy it from our host because I just dumped almost a grand on some other parts, so I'm looking for something a little more affordable...
Old 02-13-2013, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkerz View Post
According to Pelican, the part number is 951-355-036-02-OEM
Here's their page for it:
Pelican Parts - Product Information: 951-355-036-02-OEM

I'm reluctant to buy it from our host because I just dumped almost a grand on some other parts, so I'm looking for something a little more affordable...
According to that page on pelican's website a brake line off any model 944 will work. I just parted a 1987 944 turbo and have the rear trailing arms with the brake lines - could sell you just that one for $50 shipped.

It's a shame you haven't had any luck with Brian - I bet he could do better than my price on a rear brake line.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
The brake line needs to fit the late offset, so 83-86 brake lines won't work. I don't think 951/S2 will work since they have different brakes. I was emailing Brian, but he stopped replying. I don't know if he's busy doing something or isn't interested in selling me a brake line anymore or what....
Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkerz View Post
The brake line needs to fit the late offset, so 83-86 brake lines won't work. I don't think 951/S2 will work since they have different brakes. I was emailing Brian, but he stopped replying. I don't know if he's busy doing something or isn't interested in selling me a brake line anymore or what....
No offense but you seem to be really passionate about your car and going a million miles an hour standing still

You just posted a 951 part number which is a turbo part number. I would suggest doing some additional research to find out the exact part you need. Auto Atlanta has some great diagrams online that show all the parts and part numbers for these cars.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I have tons of these lines off late NA cars. Time I don't have. 1 email and we could be done. $20 shipped. I thought it was an emergency and offered to help. But my wife gets pissed when I'm on my phone emailing all night. I'm done when she tells me. Then the emails get backed up. Not ignoring you but have a lot more going on then car parts. If you need one I can still help.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
No offense but you seem to be really passionate about your car and going a million miles an hour standing still

You just posted a 951 part number which is a turbo part number. I would suggest doing some additional research to find out the exact part you need. Auto Atlanta has some great diagrams online that show all the parts and part numbers for these cars.

I didn't see anything else on Pelican that resembled the brake line I need. Maybe I should have gone through the other 5 pages instead of stopping at the first one I saw....
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian944turbo View Post
I have tons of these lines off late NA cars. Time I don't have. 1 email and we could be done. $20 shipped. I thought it was an emergency and offered to help. But my wife gets pissed when I'm on my phone emailing all night. I'm done when she tells me. Then the emails get backed up. Not ignoring you but have a lot more going on then car parts. If you need one I can still help.
I'll shoot you an email when I get home.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: