Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
West Central Ohio 45380

Garage
85.5 NA for parts

I think I just had the greatest porsche day ever. A couple of years ago mom and I went to Illinois to pickup what we thought would be a parts car. When we got there we bought a car that needed a radiator. So I brought it home with the intent to fix up the interior and drive the car until it sold. That night my dad called and asked, "how much do you want for that damn porsche? Mom hasn't quit talking about it since she got home!" (mom is 65 years old.) So this part of the story ends with my dad having me get the interior straight and then bringing it over and parking it in the garage with a bow (mom's bday)! It was great.

Well, two years later mom asked if I would help her sell the car as she just didn't drive it enough and it was getting hard for her to get in and out of. time for someone else to have it. This was in October and it of course didn't sell, I believe, because of the time of the year. My parents are great. They are in their upper sixties and it is great that my mom goes on most of my trips with me to pick up cars. I am 40 and it is just neat that they both are interested and come along on the trips just to do something.

Well, one of my customers from a while back asked if I needed a car as he bought one and the PO lied about some things but mainly THE TURBO HE BOUGHT WAS WAY TO FAST as he wanted to buy a car for his nephew. So after emailing back and forth he inquired if I knew of someone else that had a slower/safer porsche for sale that his nephew wouldn't hurt himself in..... bright light goes off in my head!

So to make this really long story short, My parents get to sell the car they don't drive much to me.. I get to trade the regular NA to a great guy who is looking for a nice car for his nephew.. and I get two cars, the first a white with brown interior turbo and the second an NA parts car with a bunch of turbo parts because it was going to be made into a turbo. I am soooo happy to have been able to do that for my parents and happy to trade their car to the guy who was very happy to have a slower NA and trade me his turbo and parts car.

So now I am parting the parts car and going to fix up the turbo to eventually sell. First gear on the turbo makes noise but I live in Ohio and can start in second all day long...... So the turbo will be for sale for an above average price so noone will buy it for a while so my boys and I can enjoy it. My 12 year old says, "dad, I like it when the car goes whoooosh!"

pics for enjoyment.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
You owe me Mark!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Great story! I love deals like that.
I'm really liking the Porsche graphic on the lower portion of the 951, it looks great on a white car!
Old 03-30-2013, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
West Central Ohio 45380

Garage
Graves, u r the man!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
West Central Ohio 45380

Garage
The rims are 18 inch and 11 wide on the back. If I take any turn real hard it gets into the tire! Yikes!
Old 03-30-2013, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: