Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1994 Porsche 968 Supercharged

This is a well cared for car with 111K miles. The SC kit was added at 100K miles at which time the head was reconditioned and all belts and chains were replaced by Porsche Motor Car Investments. This is one of the few Tiptronics that received the D1R supercharger kit.. The Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires have less than 5K miles and this car comes with an extra set of freshly powder coated phone dial rims and virtually new winter tires. I will also throw in the Durametric scanner, which allows you to see and clear codes and observe air/fuel ratios and more. I also just added a set of Elephant Racing monoball castor blocks. The price is $12,500.

Last edited by durtkillon; 09-07-2013 at 06:45 PM..
Old 09-07-2013, 06:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

And the price is.....
Old 09-07-2013, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
The price is $12,500 (edited above). Thanks for inquiring!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Very cool looking car. If you haven't already, you might want to put your ad in the Cars for sale section of Pelican, too - not just the parts section.

Curiousity sake, how fast is the car? Faster than a Turbo S?
Old 09-07-2013, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
James Chimney

Garage
Hp?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Yes James, the car does, indeed, look Hip and....Oh wait a minute. You mean horsepower, don't you. Nevermind.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

What do the HP and torque curves look like?
Thanks.

Last edited by 968gene; 09-08-2013 at 09:51 AM..
Old 09-08-2013, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche_Euro View Post
Very cool looking car. If you haven't already, you might want to put your ad in the Cars for sale section of Pelican, too - not just the parts section.

Curiousity sake, how fast is the car? Faster than a Turbo S?

This dyno result was not mine personally, but it is from the tuner of the kit (Bob Larson of D1R aka Flash). I have a TIP, so it will probably rob a few more HP from that top number. It was roughly a 20% increase in power. It's mild 5lb boost, but I was going for a GT experience, not an all out track car. I wanted a boost, but with reliability if that makes sense.

I can't speak to the Turbo S. I looked hi and low for a decent one before I bought this car. I didn't have much luck finding one that wasn't beat to hell. 968s were easier to find in excellent condition with low miles.

The biggest difference you notice post SC install is the power in the corners. The back end will flick almost at will, but it's so controlled you can steer with your right foot. The beauty of this kit is not the peak hp, but the low end torque it provided. Stage 2/3 kits are available. They involve a fuel pressure regulator and larger injectors. You can read about them in the 968 forums.

I will re-post this in the "cars for sale" section. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by durtkillon; 09-08-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Old 09-08-2013, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Sold
Old 10-08-2013, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: