Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest 2 Sunroof panels and a few other Misc. 24/44 Parts.

I have 2 stock sunroof panels with interior pieces for a 24/44.
Also:
1- bottom portion leather console frame (compartment housing0
in black leather, good cond. 87'944
1-Leather boot and handle combo, Fair to good cond. 97'944
1- Shift linkage cluster (Transaxle end)Good shape. 87'944
Other misc. 24/44 Pieces and parts. E-mail with needs.
Old 08-12-2002, 12:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to db944
Are either of these panels black? I have an '87 black 944 that the PO dropped the sunroof. Cracked paint and bent the panel. Seals fine, but would prefer a nice straight one.

Let me know.

db944
Old 08-28-2002, 05:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Porsche Crest Reply for db944 (SR Panels)

db944,

We have recovered the panels from the garage attic and found that they both have suffered some (previously unknown) damages.

Also, The shipping was prohibitive on these. A guy from FL. really wanted them but we were unable to ship due to the items being
oversized and weighing in at about 17 lbs. EACH with the liners.

The units are no longer produced by Porsche, Nor does an aftermarket company produce them that we know of, Unless Saratoga tops (Glass Panel) happens to put one out. I'm not sure on that, You would have to contact them directly. I do know that Saratoga makes a good quality product though.

One tip I can give you is this: The 924 AND 944 tops are exactly the same. The hardware for power OR manual tops will bolt right up.

Call some dismantlers and instead of asking for the newer 944 SR panel, Ask if they have any older (1976-on) 924's laying around in the yard that you can look at for misc. parts.
Chances are, You will find a panel in great shape for a whole lot less money, and you can bolt your 944 hardware right up to it. I've asked the 924 panels a few different times and have gotten quotes as low as 20 dollars for a perfect unit.
Ask about any 944 roof panel and you can expect 75.00 on up to about 225.00 used. (Crazy!)

Anyway,
Good Luck

The Caldererra's
Keizer, OR.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Red face Wheres the guy from FL. that I was corresonding with about shipping these?

Hello,

Im looking for the guy I was corresponding with about the 44 parts and roof panels. (shipping to FL.)

Some family issues came up which required me to go out of town immediately. I was not in a position to email or correspond with him for a week or two. I have not emailed with him in a while, nor have I been able to relocate the email address for the guy. (Messy desk!)

I still have the panels and stuff. He can email me again if still interested.

If not, Thats no problem. Sorry we lost contact if you read this!

Thanks all,

Christopher
Old 08-31-2002, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Porsche Crest 944 sunroof parts

Christopher,

I have a 1984 Porsche 944. The electric sunroof does not close tightly for some reason. Apparently the locking mechanism is worn out. Do you have any parts to correct this problem? If not, could you direct me to someone who could? I could also use a new rubber seal to waterproof my hatchback. Your help will be much appreciated.

Haven
Old 10-06-2002, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: