Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
944 Glass Sunroof for sale

This is an original piece that came with my 1986 944 Turbo with electric sunroof.

It is in excellent condition. There are no scratches on the glass and the gasket is in perfect condition.

The color is tinted grey and it comes with the storage bag which is also in excellent condition.

Yes, I am aware that Pilkington is producing a like product. They only come in bronze and without the storage bag.

My price is $650 picked up in Los Angeles or shipped at buyers expense.

Thanks.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have this exact roof as well as an original version of the top that has recently been reproduced.

The roof offered here is my preference because it has:

A metal frame - same as almost every factory roof regardless of manufacturer

An outer seal - restricts debris intrusion and eliminates wind noise

Nicer hardware - IMHO

No bumps on top

I DO NOT own the reproduced version of the frameless top but my original version has all the wind noise you could ever want because it has nothing to fill the gap between the roof and the opening. My framed top with its outer seal has no wind noise.

I'm not bashing the newly reproduced top - it is a good deal. I'm just stating that IMHO the top offered here is the preferred unit.

GLWS
Old 09-21-2013, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

PM sent
Old 09-22-2013, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

That's a Saratoga top, it was never made by Porsche. The storage bag is the standard sunroof Porsche bag
Old 09-22-2013, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartkilojba View Post
That's a Saratoga top, it was never made by Porsche. The storage bag is the standard sunroof Porsche bag
Did I say it was made by Porsche, or that the bag was anything but in excellent condition? There are no errors in my listing.

If you want to buy it, please feel free to make an offer.

Otherwise, thank you for the free bump.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I suspect the poster was picking up on your note "this was an original piece that came with my 1986 944 turbo". Most would take that to mean it came from the factory that way, otherwise in what way is it "original" and there for relevant enough to mention? That said I wish it were closer as I'd like to have one.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Another PM sent.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Bump for this nice roof.

Better quality, look and fit than the re issue tops.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

PM sent. Thanks
Old 12-04-2013, 02:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Sold
Old 12-13-2013, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: