Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

993 4 Spoke Steering Wheel Modified for Non Airbag 944 or 924

$150 Includes Ground Shipping via UPS, Pay via PayPal paul at audipages.com

I bought this steering wheel off a gentlemen (I will use this term loosely) on craigslist. He forgot to tell me that this steering wheel was modified for use in an older 911, that I figured out myself when I went to install it in my 968. He was not local, I had him ship it to me.

After doing some research, I figured out that somebody had machined the center hub out of it, and retrofitted the old style horn "slip ring" for an older 911 or 944 or 924 with no airbag. I am uncertain what years it will fit, but I can see that it should fit most 80's 911's or the non-airbag 924/944's.

It has the airbag, but because your old 911924/944 does not have a module, etc., it will do nothing but be pretty. So you can have a 4 spoke 993 steering wheel in your older car....it sounds kinda cool to me.

Anyways, here are the pictures of the wheel, it is in fantastic shape, one or two very small blemishes:

Here is the slip ring that is added to the wheel, the blemish at the bottom is nothing, just wiped it off, the blemish towards the top is a real blemish.

Here is the front side, the three Phillips head screws is what holds the new spline and slip ring in:

And here you can see how it was modified:

It's actually pretty ingenious, however, it won't work for my 968, I purchased another non-modified wheel and installed it.

paul@audipages.com

Last edited by Paul Waterloo; 11-01-2013 at 02:37 AM..
Old 10-30-2013, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Ttt
Old 11-01-2013, 02:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Is it blue or black? I asked this on Rennlist but I don't recall the answer, did the splines fit onto the 944 shaft? I think you said that the cancelling tab thing wouldnt fit all the way but do you think it would work with that removed?

I am still interested in this, just not quite ready to pull the trigger.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2rocket_aka944 View Post
Is it blue or black? I asked this on Rennlist but I don't recall the answer, did the splines fit onto the 944 shaft? I think you said that the cancelling tab thing wouldnt fit all the way but do you think it would work with that removed?

I am still interested in this, just not quite ready to pull the trigger.
It is black.

Yes, it will fit the 944 shaft, but not if you have the late clock spring. I guess I did not know what you were talking about previously.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Sold
Old 11-11-2013, 04:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: