Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Tial 38mm Wastegate Adapter Plates NEW

I recently had 15 sets of Adapter plates made so you can replace your old and tired stock wastegate with a Tial.

These are machined from Stainless Steel and I am including 2 Stainless Steel gaskets.

I have 8 sets left.

$129

Last edited by fejjj; 11-08-2013 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: format
Old 11-08-2013, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I purchased a set and they were shipped fast. I received in just a few days. The quality is outstanding. Highly recommend especially at this price.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

+1
Old 11-09-2013, 03:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
I purchased a set and they were shipped fast. I received in just a few days. The quality is outstanding. Highly recommend especially at this price.
Thank you guys for your business!
Old 11-09-2013, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Got Turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fejjj View Post
You consider selling these plates good business??

First, you copy my adapter plates then advertise them using pictures of a wastegate that uses the drilled hardware that I include with my kits.

Business, I think not...
358whp/352lbft @ 18.5 psi 91 pump
438whp/430lbft @ 22.5 psi E85
Old 11-09-2013, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
That's what patents are for..
Old 11-09-2013, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote de fejjj

First, you copy my adapter plates then advertise them using pictures of a wastegate that uses the drilled hardware that I include with my kits.

Business, I think not...
What is your issue?

I contacted you several months ago inquiring about purchasing plates and you told me you no longer made them.

I bought a used wastegate with used adapter plates online and had some made because I couldn't find them NEW anywhere.

I had no idea whose design they were and why would that matter anyway?
Old 11-09-2013, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote de fejjj

Business, I think not...

What is your issue?

I contacted you several months ago inquiring about purchasing plates and you told me you no longer made them.

I bought a used wastegate with used adapter plates online and had some made because I couldn't find them NEW anywhere.

I had no idea whose design they were and why would that matter anyway?
Do you have a design patent?

Btw my machine shop told me that the ones he produced for me were way better than the "junk" I gave to him.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Got Turbo?

I cannot stop you from selling whatever you want to sell.

My point here is that your advertising photos use clearly identifiable items from my wastegate kit which clearly illustrates what you did to reproduce these plates. Do I have a patent - no, but I do have morals and believe that you should be posting pictures of YOUR OWN product.

If the plates I produced were such garbage, then maybe you should have had your machinist make your rendition to where they could be identifiable as your own.

Good luck selling as many plates as you can.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

What exactly are those "clearly identifiable items" you are referring to?

That wastegate pictured is the used one that I purchased online with the 2 plates that I had made.

The picture is of my OWN product that was produced by my machinist. These are BRAND NEW!

Tell me again what "morals" I am supposedly breaking?
Old 11-09-2013, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Got Turbo?

Are you using drilled hardware with your plates as well? I can clearly see the drilled hardware I use in my kits. Do you know what thread pitch you use for the holes in your plates? Let me guess, your machinist used a 5/16-18 tap for the holes in your plates. How do I know this?? Because no vendor in the 951 market uses these drilled allen bolts for these wastegate plates but me.

I chose to use drilled hardware and safety wire with my adapter plates because of the many reports of loosened hardware and blown paper gaskets that TiAL included with their 38mm gates over 8 years ago. I chose to make my adapter plates out of stainless steel and I included gaskets with a metal fire ring which was not an available option those years ago. These options are what separated my adapter plates from others.

So, if you cannot see where my moral comment stems from given the fact that I can clearly see the drilled hardware in the photo you posted then you certainly can't appreciate what it takes to make something and sell it as your own.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

No there is no drilled hardware with my "kits".

I am not selling a kit. I am selling 2 adapter plates and I purchased stainless steel gaskets as that was what was suggested to me by several people.

There are no bolts or wire included.

If you were still producing and selling adapter plates then I would have purchased them from you and not even considered producing these.

You might want consider focusing your efforts on your own business and not on what others are doing.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Got Turbo?

Like I said earlier, good luck selling your adapter plates and gaskets.

I'll throw a bone out to your prospective customers - you'll need ??????????? hardware and as you can see in fejjj's photo, the tips of the hardware used to secures the plates to the gate will need to be lengthened slightly to allow for a completely flat mating surface.

Haha, now back to how great these new adapter plates are!!??!!

Last edited by PAUERMAN; 12-05-2013 at 04:43 AM..
Old 11-09-2013, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

I donít know any of the two members and not taking any side; Iím just trying to get a clear picture.

Letís say that company X build a replacement part, M.Y modified this part and M.Z modified M.Y part.
How M.Z action is less moral than M.Y?
As far as I understand they did the exact same thing, modifying some elseís part.

Just a thought
Old 11-10-2013, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Thank you for clearing that up!

That is my point as well.

Quote:
I donít know any of the two members and not taking any side; Iím just trying to get a clear picture.

Letís say that company X build a replacement part, M.Y modified this part and M.Z modified M.Y part.

How M.Z action is less moral than M.Y?

As far as I understand they did the exact same thing, modifying some elseís part.

Just a thought
Old 11-10-2013, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Yep, I've done that!

Garage
There is a difference.

For somebody taking time and effort, money and resources, testing and tuning, risk and investment to develop a product which may are may not successfully repay the above or hopefully make a profit. Vs. Somebody buying somebody else's product and copying it or making a small change and calling it 'New and Improved' and selling for less etc...

For the end user this is fine because he gets a cheaper and cheaper product until it is no longer cost effective for anybody to make it anymore.

The 'Just go patent it' comment is both naive and unjustified. The patent process we have is all but worthless for 'the small guy'. We the 944 community or even the Porsche community as a whole are small and insignificant and offer nowhere near the market size needed to justify the long and costly process of patent protection. So if the 'answer' is to go get a patent or have your hard work copied endlessly by the next cheapest wannabe tuner, then we are all just walking ourselves into a place where nobody will want to do anything like this for our cars.

I know that I will not for these very reasons.

I find it comical that I could write a short story and print a few copies and I am protected but I cant design a part and have the same level of protection without investing tens of thousands of dollars and months/years to protect it.

I am not interested in TIAL wastegate brackets but if I was I would not buy them from you. Good luck and when the next guy does what you did to you and sells them just a bit cheaper with just a little 'improvement' I expect to see the tables turned and the perspective changed....

P.S. No connection to any of the players here....
86' 944 SPEC Car 'In Process' 2013 Debut
Old 11-10-2013, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Joe Blow,

Once again I did NOT buy the plates from pman.

Once again, I had no idea who produced the USED plates that came on the USED WG that I purchased.

The guy I bought them from did not know either.

PRIOR to me buying the used plates I searched for NEW plates everywhere and could not find them.

During my search I contacted pman and he told me he no longer produces them.

I asked him if he knew where I could get some and he said he had no idea.

During my search I discovered that may other people were looking for plates as well and could not find them.

The people that purchased them from me appreciate the fact that I provided a product they needed that was no longer available.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

5 sets left.

I also have a used Tial 38mm available for $310 shipped WITH a set of adapter plates.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

This is vic's typical behavior.

He copies someone else's work and then screams like a little girl when someone else makes the same part. It doesn't matter if the idea for the part did not come from him. It doesn't matter if the other person was making the part BEFORE vic had even heard of the part. If vic goes to the trouble to steal an idea for a part from someone, no one else can EVER make any version of that part either before or after vic does.

Last time I called him out on it, he got his buddy Nize to ban me from this forum and delete most of my posts and threads. The real forum admin reinstated my account but my posts and threads are lost forever.

So let that be a lesson to you all, don't even think about making a part that vic has stolen or copied from someone else.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Got Turbo?

Ah, here we go with your internet tough guy act again.

Quit talking out of your ass when you have no idea what you're talking about - especially when it comes to anything related to these cars.

As usual your comments are laughable. Since I don't know you and have never met you, it amazes me at how much you think you know me and how easily you can talk badly about me as though your word is gospel.

Read my posts in this thread carefully and you'll see that I referenced what improvements I made to this existing product to make it better.

What you fail to acknowledge in comments now and previously is that I couldn't give a ***** about what other people do with selling parts for the 951. The problem here and previously for you is that the individuals you stand behind have blatantly copied my product(s) and use absolutely zero discretion when trying to market them as their own. Sell whatever you want - just dont use my actual photos of my product in eBay listings ( not in this case) or pieces of my kit that are readily identifyable in photos the new seller is using to market the completely ripped off copied part. NOTE: copied - no change(s) to the product.

If you cannot appreciate the position I'm coming from then you are completely hopeless. I know from past experience with you that this common sense position will most likely will not register between whatever you've got between your ears.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: