Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hershey Thief

My son Ben and I enjoyed meeting and doing business with many of you fellow enthusiasts.

We were disappointed to discover that some of our items were stolen right off of our table.

To the guy that stole them, I hope you realize that you not only stole from me but also from my 18 year old son, who recently had a Heart transplant and he was selling these items as a way of generating revenue as he is still in recovery and not able to work.

I will pray for you.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Freaking bastard I hope his car burns
Old 04-20-2014, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Such a pathetic thing to do! It was nice meeting you and Ben! Good luck to both of you and hopefully we would share another event together

Dimi P.
flyinghorsemotorsport@gmail.com

1986 Porsche 944 (3.0L 16V Conversion) - on track duty!
1989 Porsche 944 $2 - for show and fun!

1986 Porsche 944 3.0L 16V Conversion - on track duty!
1989 Porsche 944 $2 - for fun!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Dimi,

Great meeting you and sharing a spot with you.
I appreciate your kindness to Ben!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
James Chimney

Garage
some people just don't get it, you still came away the winner, as you spent the day with your son, not many men can say that, good for you
Old 04-20-2014, 11:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
some people just don't get it, you still came away the winner, as you spent the day with your son, not many men can say that, good for you
I feel the same way James only it is more gratitude than anything else. He was in the PICU in NYC waiting for 6 months, vomiting, massive diarrhea, acid reflux EVERY day! Every minute I have with him alive and smiling is a gift!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
God always get gets people like that in the long run. Nothing makes madder then to be stolen from, if you need it that bad ask me and I'll give it to you. I'm always telling my wife Judy if you expect little from people you are seldom disappointed, but I thought we had a better crowd then that. Hopefully the Saint of Timing Belt Failure put him on his to do list, the miserable thief. May you and your son enjoy may days together while the thief's life goes to hell in a P car.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Thanks.

I don't wish any ill will towards this person.

I just pray that he realizes that this was wrong and changes his ways.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
That is a sad story, but uplifting that you can be so forgiving and positive. Out of interest what was stolen. Might be worth listing just in case it rings any bells with anyone. Nothing better than a thief getting caught ... if they don't they just keep going.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

If they can't afford the parts.
They can't afford the car.
We all know they breakdown
More often then not.
Your next part car might be his. Wish you the best
Old 04-21-2014, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fejjj View Post
My son Ben and I enjoyed meeting and doing business with many of you fellow enthusiasts.

We were disappointed to discover that some of our items were stolen right off of our table.

To the guy that stole them, I hope you realize that you not only stole from me but also from my 18 year old son, who recently had a Heart transplant and he was selling these items as a way of generating revenue as he is still in recovery and not able to work.

I will pray for you.
What was stolen and what were you asking for it?
Old 04-21-2014, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
I propose to start a fund to reimburse for the loss. From pelican members. Let us know the asking value of stolen parts and let's see if us members can top it!!!!!!!!! I will pledge 50 to start!
What say you Pelicans????
Old 04-21-2014, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I'm in
Old 04-21-2014, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

RETRACTION!

When I got home from work today I told Ben that I had posted this info on the forums.

He said "I forgot to tell you that I found them".

I said "where and when?"

He said he found them when we were packing up to leave and I was off retrieving the car.

He said he forgot to tell me (ugh).

He said they were under the 968 mini champ display case.

This is really odd because we had the WG plates on the far right side of the table and the 6 car display was on the far left. Somebody, probably a kid as many of them wanted to play with the models, must have put them under there.

Anyway the story had a happy ending.

Please forgive me if I upset anybody over this.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
I am glad it all turned out ok. Say Hi to Ben from me!

1986 Porsche 944 3.0L 16V Conversion - on track duty!
1989 Porsche 944 $2 - for fun!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I am glad it all turned out ok. Say Hi to Ben from me!
He says Hi too!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Who is up for 944 fest at
Nelson ledges
Have a group from Atlanta
and some from Raleigh NC.
I'm going with. 2 trucks and multiple cars. Have full support and a back up car for the caravan up.
brian944turbo@att.net
Justin@rennbay.com
Old 04-21-2014, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Still in to help the son! Anyone else match my 50 Pelicans? Or better?
Old 04-21-2014, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

If you will accept funny looking Canadian money..I'll match your $ 50.00..
Best of luck Ben !!
Please PM where I can send the money..
Old 04-22-2014, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

I'll match that $50.00 Just tell me where to send it and God Bless You
Old 04-23-2014, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: