Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

'87 944S - 968 engine coversion full car or parts for sale

I have an 87 944s in rare factory colored "Summer yellow" In Baltimore Md. I was hoping to never sell this car, and to fix it up, but I have decided to pursue a new 928. It been repainted it original color Limongelb / LM1A ( not the best job though. It has a 968 engine in it that just had the timing belt, rollers and water pump done in the last thousand miles/ 12 months or so ago. It has turbo fenders, nose panel and a 924 Turbo hood with the NACA duct in it. The front bumper and passenger side fender took the hit and are damaged. I fitted the 968 engine to the 944S bell housing and kept the 944S closer ratio transmission. It has Koni yellows, lowering springs on the front, RS Barn chip and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. It has some sagging pillar trim and worn seats, slightly bubbled dash and other wear. The Odometer says 271 (no longer functioning), I had the 968 engine shipped to me from Germany with 18k on it after it was rebuilt AT the Porsche factory. That was installed in 2002. I would guess the mileage on the rebuild to be now about 100-110k.

968 engine - with very recent water pump, rollers belts done by Sloan at SSI $3,450OBONow selling the whole car for $4250 OBO
944S - 5 speed transmission - $475 OBO
B&B stainless cat back exhaust - $375

The car is still complete and sitting in my driveway. Please PM me so I can provide my phone number to discuss anything you may want. I am a terrible typer. I have included a pic or two, but I will probably keep the Cup wheels to put on the 928 I am hoping to find.

Last edited by Ross T; 08-04-2014 at 01:59 PM..
Old 05-13-2014, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Where is car located? I love the '87 summer yellow color
Old 05-14-2014, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Oops! I forgot to mention that. The car is in Towson Md, which is just north of Baltimore.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Why not sell complete car it looks like it was all cosmetic just needs new bumper & fenders right?
Salvaged title or clean?

Does it currently run and drive still? How much for complete as seen in pics?
'83 944 ROW zermatt silver/black, sunroof & A/C factory deleted, houndstooth sport seats, 7Q - 220 LSD short fifth, F & R 23.3 MM 951 M030 suspension, 16" fuch's, manual windows, club sport mirrors, Blk/Wht gauges, rear seats & all sound deadening removed, 968 rear wing, fiberglass hood & 937 F bumper
Old 05-14-2014, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I would consider selling the whole car, but I am assuming I will get more if I part it out. Then again I am not a mechanic and there is only a limited amount of disassembly I can do.

The insurance company has totaled the car and I am going to buy it back. I was hit by a jack knifing tractor trailer. His rear bumper sort of "Jousted" into the front fender, just in front of the passenger front wheel. I did actually drive the car to work the and then home the morning of the accident. The was a shaking at speed which leads me to believe the uni-body(frame) is bent, but I have not sent it to a frame shop. It sat for a few days and when I went to drive it to the frame shop it would not start. I called roadside assistance and they jumper it, but I then realized the passenger front damage has the bumper a bit low and the wheel liner dragging on the wheel. Between these 2 things and the steep angle at the end of my driveway I decided not to scrape it up anymore by driving it. But it does run.

Last edited by Ross T; 05-14-2014 at 07:52 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Please Pm me if you have any questions. I am a terrible typer and its best I talk directly to anyone to more completely answer any questions. I will provide my # in a PM. Also I will be having the unibody/frame looked at this week to more accurately asses the damage. I have bought the car back from the insurance company and it will have a rebuildable salvage title. I am also hoping to get a compression/leakdown #'s soon.
Thanks for your patience folks.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

New price for the whole car. $4,250 OBO
Old 08-04-2014, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

What year motor is it? Would you be interested in just selling the motor? I can come down with my cherry picker and lift it out on your driveway if the price is right.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

At this point I really want to get rid of the whole thing. I will consider selling just the engine if I do not get much response. I will check on the year and post it later. Thanks
Old 08-04-2014, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Email sent
Old 08-07-2014, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

You have PM
04 BMW R1150R
DanielJacobsLLC.com
Old 10-18-2014, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: