Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Napa Valley, CA
Posts: 364
944S2 Weiltmeister Performance Chip

SOLD! Fits 1989 - 90 S2. Used and comes with original documentation and installation instructions. California CARB exempt. Came in a box of extras with a car I recently bought. Current retail is $250 from Automotion. $40 including shipping to CONUS.

John

__________________
'88 Rothman Turbo Cup
'91 951S Cabriolet Clone

Last edited by vette951s; 02-23-2015 at 07:07 AM..
Old 02-21-2015, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Dimi 944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,759
Garage
I will take it.
__________________
Dimi Paralanov
flyinghorsemotorsport@gmail.com

1986 Porsche 944 3.0L 16V Conversion - on track duty!
1989 Porsche 944 $2 - for fun!
Old 02-21-2015, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
RedBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,126
I'll take it if Dimi backs out!
__________________
2015 BMW M235i - Estoril Blue - Sunroof Delete, Manual.

1989 Porsche 944 S2 - Guards Red - Rebuilt engine, LSD Trans, M030 goodies

1986 Mercedes 420SEL - Poo Brown - Bought it from a grandpa with 75k miles
Old 02-22-2015, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 393
Garage
Note the OP states - 90. -91 model designation cars ad different ecu and different injectors so need different chip for these cars.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
jhowell371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Western Maryland
Posts: 490
Garage
I don't think they ever made a chip for the 91 models.
__________________
Red 84 w/25,xxx miles
Stone Gray 89 S2 w/90,xxx miles
Old 02-23-2015, 03:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 393
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell371 View Post
I don't think they ever made a chip for the 91 models.
Yeah it's interesting. Often see chips listed to cover 89 - 91 but can't see how that would work. ie http://www.powerchipgroup.com/datasheets/partners/26/POR0004.pdf

There are however some outfits that do '91 specific chips ... Wilks specify one for the later DME Porsche 944S2 and Porsche (or Porsche deler??) supplied an enhanced chip in the UK for the runout S2's which they labelled with SE designation. They were supplied with a performance chip and M030 sports package incl LSD and the S4/951S brake set up. I remember reading somewhere that they were made by Promax ProMAX Motorsport. Performance Chip 944S2 28pin who also list both ECU's for their chip ... if it is the same chip for both I can't see how that works.

I had a Powerprom Wilks chip in a 944S and that ran beautifully (and very helpful after sales advice) and since they list a specific chip for the '91 cars they would be my choice.

Sorry for digression from original post ...
Old 02-23-2015, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
 
Registered User
 
Dimi 944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,759
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishnz View Post
Note the OP states - 90. -91 model designation cars ad different ecu and different injectors so need different chip for these cars.
Actually, it appears there was a VIN split on 1990 S2 and some have the same DME as the 1989 models and others the 1991 models.
__________________
Dimi Paralanov
flyinghorsemotorsport@gmail.com

1986 Porsche 944 3.0L 16V Conversion - on track duty!
1989 Porsche 944 $2 - for fun!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 393
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimi 944 View Post
Actually, it appears there was a VIN split on 1990 S2 and some have the same DME as the 1989 models and others the 1991 models.
I believe it was from mid '90 production but those cars were designated '91 model. The change to DME was linked to smaller injectors. I've never read any explanation as to the reason for the change or for any differences in performance. Might be something in the '91 sales fact book?? Which I don't have
Old 02-23-2015, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Dimi 944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,759
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishnz View Post
I believe it was from mid '90 production but those cars were designated '91 model. The change to DME was linked to smaller injectors. I've never read any explanation as to the reason for the change or for any differences in performance. Might be something in the '91 sales fact book?? Which I don't have
I don't believe the injectors are smaller but have different impedance which removed the requirement of the injector resistor pack. Same change was carried over to the 968.
__________________
Dimi Paralanov
flyinghorsemotorsport@gmail.com

1986 Porsche 944 3.0L 16V Conversion - on track duty!
1989 Porsche 944 $2 - for fun!
Old 02-23-2015, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
jhowell371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Western Maryland
Posts: 490
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimi 944 View Post
I don't believe the injectors are smaller but have different impedance which removed the requirement of the injector resistor pack. Same change was carried over to the 968.
You hit the nail on the head Dimi. That's the reason given in the 91 S2 Service Information Technik.
__________________
Red 84 w/25,xxx miles
Stone Gray 89 S2 w/90,xxx miles
Old 02-23-2015, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 393
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimi 944 View Post
I don't believe the injectors are smaller but have different impedance which removed the requirement of the injector resistor pack. Same change was carried over to the 968.
I don't have the tech bulletin but do have this on file which I beleive is an extract from the bulletin, and is what made me believe that the '91S2 had lower flow injectors. Looks also that 968 had different injectors again.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Dimi 944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,759
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishnz View Post
I don't have the tech bulletin but do have this on file which I beleive is an extract from the bulletin, and is what made me believe that the '91S2 had lower flow injectors. Looks also that 968 had different injectors again.

They are probably a lower flow injectors but as you could see in the same chart the impedance is High vs Low on the '89 S2 ones.
__________________
Dimi Paralanov
flyinghorsemotorsport@gmail.com

1986 Porsche 944 3.0L 16V Conversion - on track duty!
1989 Porsche 944 $2 - for fun!
Old 02-23-2015, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 393
Garage
I don't think the impedance effects the flow rate. I have however checked a few other sites re the flow rate of these injectors and they are showing same rate for 0 280 155 003 and 0 280 150 811 both at 264 cc/min. On the same tables they show the 968 injectors at 296cc/min.

See WitchHunter Performance - Injector Cleaning & Flow Testing Services

Interesting ...
Old 02-23-2015, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Dimi 944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,759
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishnz View Post
I don't think the impedance effects the flow rate. I have however checked a few other sites re the flow rate of these injectors and they are showing same rate for 0 280 155 003 and 0 280 150 811 both at 264 cc/min. On the same tables they show the 968 injectors at 296cc/min.

See WitchHunter Performance - Injector Cleaning & Flow Testing Services

Interesting ...
What I meant is that the '91 S2 DME injector control circuitry was changed due to the different impedance.
__________________
Dimi Paralanov
flyinghorsemotorsport@gmail.com

1986 Porsche 944 3.0L 16V Conversion - on track duty!
1989 Porsche 944 $2 - for fun!
Old 02-23-2015, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 393
Garage
Definitely that is right. DME circuitry changed for injectors and some alarm upgrades and resistor pack omitted. What I'm pleased to find out is that flow rate remained unchanged despite some charts showing lower flow rates for 0 282 155 003
Old 02-23-2015, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Dimi 944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,759
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishnz View Post
Definitely that is right. DME circuitry changed for injectors and some alarm upgrades and resistor pack omitted. What I'm pleased to find out is that flow rate remained unchanged despite some charts showing lower flow rates for 0 282 155 003
Good info about the injectors. Thanks!
__________________
Dimi Paralanov
flyinghorsemotorsport@gmail.com

1986 Porsche 944 3.0L 16V Conversion - on track duty!
1989 Porsche 944 $2 - for fun!
Old 02-23-2015, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Napa Valley, CA
Posts: 364
OK to use this thread for any reason as the chips have been sold (Thanks Dimi!).

Most vendors seem to group all S2s together for injection related parts, which we all know is wrong per the changes made for the 1991 production cars. Good to hear about the flow rates as I also have the Tecnik info as shown in my injectors for sale ad here:

Fuel Injectors for 944S2 + Tech Info

'91 injectors still available!

John
__________________
'88 Rothman Turbo Cup
'91 951S Cabriolet Clone
Old 02-23-2015, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:42 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.