Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Late 944/968 cruise control controllers for sale

Hi,

I have a few Porsche 944/968 late cruse control controllers for sale. PN 94461713200 They have all been repaired and tested by me.

Located in Madison WI. Asking $70 each with priority mail shipping to a US address. Paypal payment. No warranty, but if you promise to test your servo for shorts, I would take a return within a couple of weeks if there is an unlikely DOA.

I got frustrated trying to find a working cruse control for my 944, so, I went a little nutty and traced out the circuit to make a schematic and built a bench tester. I obtained a handful of units that were sold for parts plus I had the units that were sold as working to experiment with. I repaired enough of the units to get a general feel for their failure modes.

All of the solder joints were inspected with care. Any cracked solder joints were re-soldered. Some components were re-soldered regardless because I found so many bad joints. For some reason the plastic case capacitors are particularly prone to cracking their solder joints. All the RC time constants were checked with a scope. Bad parts were replaced a needed (very few bad parts). The units were temperature cycled, tested cold and hot and vibration tested. Every unit has been tested on my car.

I am educated in electrical engineering and worked my way through school doing production through-hole soldering and electronic Tech work, so I am fairly good at this sort of work. I switch occupations. Electronics is a hobby now.

Like I said I went a bit nuts with this project. Please send a PM if you like one of my extras! This is not a business for me. That is why I cannot do a warranty. I just want to get rid of my extras. I have more than I need and I think someone will like them.

Thanks,

Peter

This is a picture of my bench tester....
Old 06-04-2015, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hello again,

I'll be happy to take offers on these curse control computers.

Plus, If you ship me your servo motor/actuator I can test it and return it to you when you purchase one of my cruise control computers. This is a go-no-go test to tell you if you servo is working. I don't have parts to fix the servos.

PM if interested. I have one listed on ebay now.

Thanks again for looking

Peter
Old 06-15-2015, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Do you still have any available?
Old 09-16-2015, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
944 , 968 , cruise control