Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Does anyone on this Forum know anything about these Centerline Wheels ?

These wheels came off a 1987 944 / 951... like they were made for the car!
Asking $1K... at least it's a "Starting Point"! Pelican Rules... ya'll know!
I don't know what $ they will bring... Make and offer!
I did talk to Centerline in Calif. they said they are very... very Rare and that a Vintage Person may pay big bucks for these as they were made special! Please click on 911 Forum below for additional info.
Thanks... Ron

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/896704-centerline-wheels-old-school-scca-911-racing.html

Last edited by RRRacing1970; 12-31-2015 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Left something out of post.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Hi...

Just bought a Porsche with these wheels on it and no damage to any of the wheels that I could find not even a scratch or ding...! I was told that... Jim Hall of Porsche SCCA racing Fame... had his buddy... the Owner of Centerline Wheels in (Calif) back in the day (Late 70's) to (Mid - Late 80's?) make some of these wheels for himself and some buddies of his racing 911's & maybe 924's in SCCA and the Porsche Club. I called Centerline and they confirmed the story and the Pic's I sent them. These wheels seem to be very ("RARE & Lightweight")... there are no numbers on these wheels... Centerline Wheels (Calif.) also confirmed this. They said that these wheels were (Coded) as the "Q" - Series Race (3 Piece) (Riveted) (Alum. Wheels)... with the probable following spec.

Front - 8" X 16" (ET ?) (5 X 130 Bolt Pattern)
Rear - 10" X 16" (ET ?) (5 X 130 Bolt Pattern)
I can have measured. They are staggered off sets.
Note: Don't want to post ET #'s unless I know for sure what they are.

I guess the "Q" - Series Wheels = "Question of the day... IS"?

Are these wheels worth anything to a... Vintage Collector?

PM... or Call me... 859-653-8477... Ron, for more Pic's or if you know the facts behind these wheels... if interested!

Last edited by RRRacing1970; 01-04-2016 at 05:59 AM..
Old 12-30-2015, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: