Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Clips for injectors - 1983 or early 1984

I am looking for the clips that hold the injectors in place for my project car. Porsche part #944 110 393 01.

It is not this type:

I could also use the hard fuel line that connects the rubber fuel line to the damper. Part #944 110 411 00. Thanks for your help.

Andrew
Project 560
1984 Porsche 944 (First Porsche ever)
Old 08-10-2016, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Project560- first of all, let me welcome you to the wonderful world of Porsche ownership. I've been a member of this fun group for over 48 years and still have my first Porsche, a 1963 356B Super coupe.

But, let's get on to your post about FI clips. I have no direct experience but looking at your pics the thought occurs to me that you could take two of the newer type clips, a piece of scrap sheet metal, and a MIG welder and create a homemade version of the clip you need. I'd cut it to the right width, fashion into a "U" shape to form all three sides of the desired clip. Clamp it to the pair of factory clips with a needle nose ViseGrip using a Vernier caliper to confirm the size is correct before tacking it together. Once tacked, you can move the ViseGrip out of the way so you don't damage it's jaws with weld metal.

It's amazing what can be done with a MIG welder. Even a hack welder like myself could do this job. With a grinder, you can even make it look decent ;-) And, of course if you don't have a MIG, most car guys know somebody who does. Prices have tumbled in recent years. I paid $1200 for my Miller MM-35 in 1978 and still love the darn thing. It's paid for itself time and again. Nowadays HF offers several cheapies for well under two hundred.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: