Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WTB: Alpine White Stone Guards for 944/951

Looking for a set of the front 2, and larger (in front of wheel well) original Porsche Alpine White stone guards to replace what's on a low miles 951. These came on the white cars, and surprisingly, were white, not clear.

I've got the rear 2 strips new from Porsche, but the rest seem tough to find. The ones circled in white here.

PN's as follows:
front pass side: 944559321016YA
front pass side: 944559322016YA
driver side, forward of wheelwell: 944559325016YA
Old 09-12-2016, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I tried to find these a while back and only odd ones are available, over half are NLA. It is on my list to make some up in colour matched 3M vinyl. Need to get half set of originals in any colour to make up the patterns. If I remember rightly they did some other colours too.

I have done the graduated artwork for the Clubsport logo and the turbo logo. the clubsport logo is still available from Porsche in silver but NLA in black. It was surprisingly difficult to get the graduated artwork correct for the Clubsport logo. I did it because I wanted a black one for a Alpine white car.

Anyhow if you send me some OEM decals of the shape of the ones you want I'll get them made up in Alpine White to the exact OEM dims. Drop me a PM if that would help.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

BeamishNZ - that would be awesome. So far I've ordered all 6 of them. I think of those 6, 4 are available but we'll see what shows up when the boxes from Germany arrive haha.

They were apparently also originally avail in the Silver, Black and Clear. The silvers are all NLA at this point. I think all clear and black are still avail.

Question -- I was going to look at them being made in just white... but how do you color match the Alpine White? I'll send you a PM also.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
You can colour match by either finding a decent quality vinyl that matches ... which is a bit of an outside chance but not impossible ... there is for instance a pearl white vinyl that is a very close match to Audi Pearl White ... or more likely you print a solid colour on a clear cast vinyl and then put a clear UV resistant laminate over the top. If you can get me OEM of the rear mid and front (any colour, any side) I will get them digitised to the exact shape as OEM and printed etc.

I've always thought they would look good in white on a white car and in many ways much nicer than clear.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
You can colour match by either finding a decent quality vinyl that matches ... which is a bit of an outside chance but not impossible ... there is for instance a pearl white vinyl that is a very close match to Audi Pearl White ... or more likely you print a solid colour on a clear cast vinyl and then put a clear UV resistant laminate over the top. If you can get me OEM of the rear mid and front (any colour, any side) I will get them digitised to the exact shape as OEM and printed etc.

I've always thought they would look good in white on a white car and in many ways much nicer than clear.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: