Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
FS 944S 16v Race Head

I have a 16 valve head that was prepared by JB racing for my 944 S. Besides the fact that the head, vales, and ports have all been machined for a RACE head, Jim Higgs has come up with a way to reinforce the chain tower support with a hardened steel insert that has lasted me years of racing with NO failures.
As 16v owners know, when this breaks, it usually leads to a catastrophic failure.

16 valve heads alone are getting rarer by the day and go for $750+. I have about $2000 in this head, plus an additional $400 to reseat the valves and add new guides when I took it off the car so it is ready to go for either a street or race car. Cam caps are included.

$1750 OBO. Shipping will be $100 insured CONUS or I will be at the PCA Club Race in Sebring this February for those racers that might be interested. (save on shipping)

Old 01-10-2017, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Oh wow he machined that plug hole down 3/8" and bolted/added a steel plate in there that's a great mod, I'm assuming there's some good flow tested porting and polishing in the runners, good luck with the sale
Old 01-10-2017, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Lowered price $1600 OBO
Listed on eBay
Old 01-22-2017, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
"WOW"... if this s/u would work on a 2.5 lt. turbo block with turbo pistons And (OEM 944S cams) I would be very interested!
U got a phone number so I can call and talk to Jim Higgs... that would be great!
Ron...
Old 01-22-2017, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
JBracing.com
Old 01-22-2017, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: