Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
"Ferdinand's finest"

Angry Zermatt Silver 944 turbo parts (update)

Trying to stay positive and keep my cool.
Today my E brake decided it didn't want to hold and my car rolled into a boom on a tow truck. I need a zermatt silver header panel, light covers, and hood.

**UPDATE**
So to add insult to injury I paid about $600 to a user on this forum by the name of
' howards ' claiming he was going to ship me a hood and header panel in zermatt silver in exchange for the payment. It's been over 2 weeks and he won't reposed to my emails or anything. So I got scammed out of $600 I didn't have, and still need all the parts listed above. If anyone has these items in factory Porsche zermatt silver and they are in good clean condition Please let me know.

Cheers
Drew

Last edited by lowenschlo; 05-18-2017 at 03:44 AM..
Old 02-22-2017, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Check the orlando florida craiglist ( I think thats were i saw it)they had a 951 they were parting out in that color.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

there's a silver part out here-
Parting '88 Celebration Edition
Old 02-26-2017, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
"Ferdinand's finest"

Still need these parts if anyone is parting out a Zermatt 951
Old 04-17-2017, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
"Ferdinand's finest"

Bump
Old 05-18-2017, 03:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I have one but its not perfect. (header panel) I do also have a bunch of cans of Zermatt silver paint and clear that is the factory color from colormatch. The hood looks like a little sanding and maybe some filler and your good to go. Or just buy some used parts and do a respray at a bodyshop. let me know.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

"Ferdinand's finest"

Do you have a picture of the panel ?
Old 05-20-2017, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Here's some pics. It looks like it'll clean up well. A good buff will be good.

Old 05-21-2017, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I'll sell it for shipping plus 50.00
Old 05-21-2017, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
"Ferdinand's finest"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusrotty View Post
I'll sell it for shipping plus 50.00
thanks i appreciate it, looking for one a little cleaner
Old 05-30-2017, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
"Ferdinand's finest"

Bump
Old 06-06-2017, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
"Ferdinand's finest"

Still need these parts if anyone has any leads....
Old 08-17-2017, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
"Ferdinand's finest"

Bump
Old 06-19-2018, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenschlo View Post
**UPDATE**
So to add insult to injury I paid about $600 to a user on this forum by the name of
' howards ' claiming he was going to ship me a hood and header panel in zermatt silver in exchange for the payment. It's been over 2 weeks and he won't reposed to my emails or anything. So I got scammed out of $600 I didn't have, and still need all the parts listed above. If anyone has these items in factory Porsche zermatt silver and they are in good clean condition Please let me know.

Cheers
Drew
Weíre you able to get ahold of the guy or file a claim with PayPal?
Man sorry to hear that. Who is this Howards scammer?
Old 06-20-2018, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
"Ferdinand's finest"

Quote:
Originally Posted by perculator00 View Post
Weíre you able to get ahold of the guy or file a claim with PayPal?
Man sorry to hear that. Who is this Howards scammer?
No unfortunately itís been over a year and the police actually found the person who did it (she also scammed many others) but I call and leave a message for the detective Iíve been in contact with about once a month and he just kind of stopped returning my calls. He gave me a reason why they canít prosecute but I donít recall. PayPal hasnít done anything to reconcile the situation either.

Just want my car fixed without having to pay $4500 to repaint.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Wow,
I have read and re-read this post. What a mess! Just a suggestion, $50.00 plus shipping for that header panel in Zermatt Silver is a great deal, when you compare it to what a body shop would charge to just straighten yours back out. Since it sounds like you are limited on funds, you will have to decide if you can really afford a "perfect" header panel. If one even exists. The 951's are increasing in value, whatever you spend if done correctly will pay off in the long run. Are you handy? In other words , can you do the repairs yourself? I think it's safe to say that if someone had the parts you're looking for including the headlight cover, you'll be looking at around $1,500.00, especially if it's "factory Zermatt Silver"!!! It's been over a year, do you have a Plan "B"?
Old 06-22-2018, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
"Ferdinand's finest"

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Wow,
I have read and re-read this post. What a mess! Just a suggestion, $50.00 plus shipping for that header panel in Zermatt Silver is a great deal, when you compare it to what a body shop would charge to just straighten yours back out. Since it sounds like you are limited on funds, you will have to decide if you can really afford a "perfect" header panel. If one even exists. The 951's are increasing in value, whatever you spend if done correctly will pay off in the long run. Are you handy? In other words , can you do the repairs yourself? I think it's safe to say that if someone had the parts you're looking for including the headlight cover, you'll be looking at around $1,500.00, especially if it's "factory Zermatt Silver"!!! It's been over a year, do you have a Plan "B"?
Thatís true it is a great deal. Funding isnít too much of an issue, itís just that Iíve struggled with this for well over a year now and am kind of at a crossroads. I was going to just source a header panel and hood no matter the color, and wrap the entire car for now. But something tells me I just really shouldnít do that. So Iím continuing my search to find Zermatt replacements that would be nice enough to go on the car and blend in with the rest of the paint. If not I may as well go to a body shop and blow lots of money on a job that will more than likely be less than par compared to the original paint.

I just really would like to find replacement parts. The rest of the car is in such good shape, Iíd hate to have to cover it up with a vinyl wrap.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenschlo View Post
So Iím continuing my search to find Zermatt replacements that would be nice enough to go on the car and blend in with the rest of the paint.
I haven't read this entire post so don't know if it's been mentioned yet but something to keep in mind is that Zermatt is notorious for fading. If you do manage to find replacements, they will not match the car you're putting them on. Even front and rear bumpers on the same car are never the same color. And on turbo's, Zermatt fades differently on the plastic front bumper than on the rest of the metal car. So your best bet is to get whatever is available and have it all painted.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: