Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
2.7 liter 89 saved from the crusher

Picked up very far gone 89. After sitting 7 years in the woods it was rescued by a starry-eyed young man who had visions of a Porsche on the cheap. He drained the old gas, replaced the failed fuel and got it running. After buying the fuel pump he realized how expensive it was going to be to fix up his cheap Porsche. The windshield is broken, the dash crunchy toast, the leather seats split and worn, carpet faded, seat rails rusted, bad weather stripping, peeling paint, rust, dents, frozen hand brake, ABS light on and the list goes on and on. The wheels are just phone dials.
The good thing is the 2.7 fires right up and doesn't smoke or knock and the gearbox shifts flawlessly. Such a shame to see a fine car in this condition. It's hard to believe it's the same age as my S2, the difference being night and day.
I got it to save it's 2.7 from the crusher. The 2.7 engine has the same block as the 3 liter S2 and the 2.7 head is used on 3 liter turbo conversions. I'm going to try and sell it whole to a racer. If that fails I'll pull a few good parts and do a quick and dirty (Sawzall and cutting torch) engine pull and send the rest to the crusher.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Ok Joe you are invading my territory lol. I wish the County would leave me alone,or it would be at my shop. That's a good pick up
Old 05-15-2017, 03:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry John, I was hoping you would buy it when I told you about it so I wouldn't be tempted to salvage it.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: