Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 924/944/968 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FS: Setrab 13-row oil cooler and hoses for 944 fitment

Wondering if any interest in this, for someone who just wants extra cooling or maybe a Spec racer?

This is a Setrab-made 13-row oil cooler that I pulled from an older Volvo.
I had these heavy-duty hoses (1/2" ID) made up to adapt the cooler's fittings (1/2" BSP) to the 944 turbo oil filter console at a hydraulic shop.
Wrapped around the hoses is some thick foam-rubber pipe insulation, just to protect the hoses from rubbing or chafing on anything, can be easily removed.

I have been running this actual cooler on my 944 since 2011 and it's been great - kind of neat to grab the inlet hose after a long drive and feel how hot it is, and feel how cool the outlet hose is by comparison - this thing just works!

This is the same size/type of cooler that is commonly sold for 944s as a "KISS" kit by various vendors, but the hoses supplied will make this a stand-alone cooler rather than a supplement to the small 951 stock cooler.

Core dimensions rougly 9.5" x 4" x 2".

Not pictured but included are a few 90 degree adapter fittings needed to clear the PS pump bracket.
The aluminum angle is what I used to hang the cooler from the bumper shock mounting bolts. Not pretty, but lightweight and strong enough to support the cooler. Has holes drilled to mount the cooler either all the way to driver side or passenger side upsidedown, or in the middle right side up.

My investment in the cooler and lines is about $200 so that is my asking price - $200 shipped in the USA. This is "half price" compared to a new KISS kit!

Old 07-22-2017, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: